The Department of Information Systems and Analytics at National University of Singapore is one of the few departments in the world that offers a comprehensive suite of Information Systems and Analytics academic and professional degree programs from undergraduate to PhD level. It has about 20 tenure-track faculty members, who received training from different disciplines and renowned global institutions. The diversity of our faculty members has allowed the department to pursue a wide variety of research topics using behavioural (both quantitative and qualitative), economics / econometrics, and design science / business technical / computational research paradigms.
National University of Singapore is currently ranked 12th in the 2015 QS World University Ranking exercise. The Department of Information Systems and Analytics is also ranked among the top 10 universities based on publications in the top IS journals. Besides offering a very competitive pay package and large start-up research grants, the department also provides an extremely collegial and research-conducive environment for faculty professional development.
Research and Teaching Specializations preferred:
- Big Data Analytics
- Design Science / Technical IS
- Financial Technology
We will be interviewing at AMCIS 2017/ ICIS 2017.
Rank(s) and number of positions available: (2) Rank Open
Desired Starting Date: Fall, 2018
Application Deadline: Open until the positions are filled
- Please submit your applications with the following documents in a single PDF) online via http://isrec.comp.nus.edu.sg
- A cover letter that indicates the position applied for and the main research interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- A teaching statement
- A research statement
- One research paper
- Provide the contact information of 3 referees when submitting your online application, or, arrange for at least 3 references to be e-mailed directly to email@example.com
Individual in-charge of recruiting: Dr. TEO Hock Hai (Search Chair)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Contact Person(s) at Conference: Dr. TEO Hock Hai
Email address for Contact Person(s): firstname.lastname@example.org
- ( ) Accredited Undergraduate Information Systems degree program
- (x) BA/BS with MIS major
- ( ) BA/BS with MIS minor
- (x) MS in MIS
- ( ) MBA with MIS emphasis/minor
- (x) Ph.D. in MIS
- ( )Starting new program
Standard teaching load per year (# of courses): 2 modules
Business School (Y/N): No (School of Computing)
Number of students in School: 2,500
Number of students on Campus: 30,000
Primarily evening classes (Y/N): No
Population of Immediate Area: 5,200,000
Primary Employer(s) in Area: Too many to list here
Number of hours drive to nearest city: Located in Singapore city
Additional information about the National University of Singapore can be obtained from our School's home page.
The Department of Information Systems and Analytics at National University of Singapore (NUS) invites application for educator-track Senior Lecturer or Lecturer positions in the following areas:
- Enterprise systems design and development (including software architecture, design patterns, Object-oriented requirement analysis and design)
- Server-side design and development (including Java EE, .NET)
- Front-end interface design and development (e.g., action-oriented web application development, component oriented web application development)
- Database and data visualisation (SQL, NoSQL, relational database systems, document database, visualization of data etc.)
- Enterprise architecture planning and design
- Python and Java programming
The NUS School of Computing is highly ranked internationally. It has a student population of more than 2,000, a quarter of them pursuing graduate studies. The School consists of two departments: Computer Science and Information Systems & Analytics, offering a diverse spectrum of degree programmes.
Details of the Bachelor of Computing programme can be found at: http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/
Interested candidates are invited to send, via electronic submission, the following materials to IS Recruiting (email@example.com):
- A cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- A teaching statement
- A research statement (optional and encouraged)
Please arrange for at least 3 references to be sent directly to the same email address or provide the contact information.
Application review will commence upon receipt of applications and continue until the position is filled. The salary and benefits are internationally competitive. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Candidates should possess a PhD degree in Information Systems or related fields. Some teaching experience in higher education settings will be an advantage.