To recognise Computing alumni whose endeavours in their chosen fields or professions are worthy of recognition and have brought honour to the University/School.
- Contribution/leadership in his/her profession, industry or discipline
- Service to the alma mater, community or the nation
- Any other area of human endeavour deemed worthy
Any Computing alumnus of NUS (including University of Singapore and Nanyang University) shall be eligible for this award.
Who May Nominate? Any member of the NUS Computing community, comprising faculty, staff, students and alumni, may nominate candidates for the award.
Alumni Relations Director
NUS School of Computing
Computing 1 #03-68
The nomination deadline 30 November 2016.
How to Nominate? To submit nominations for deserving alumni, please complete the prescribed nomination form, together with nominees' resumes that list their accomplishments, achievements, voluntary services, work history and any other supporting documentation you wish the Selection Committee to review. The nomination form may be downloaded here.
- The Award shall consist of an engraved plaque accompanied by a citation.
- Up to two awards will normally be given a year.
- The awards will be given annually, provided suitable candidates can be found.
All nominations will be reviewed and subject to the recommendation by an Awards Evaluation Committee appointed by the Dean and the decision of the Awards Committee is final.
In the nomination/selection process, previous recipients of the Distinguished Alumni Award by Office of Alumni Relations and of National Day Awards and those given by academic/professional bodies may serve as examples.
- All nominations must be supported by a nominator who is not the nominee of the same submission.
- Nominations must be made on a prescribed nomination form and additional supporting materials may be requested.
- All entries must be legibly written or printed. While all possible care will be taken if the nomination forms are received, the Committee shall not be responsible for loss or damage before, during or after the submission of the forms.
- The Committee reserves the right to verify all information supplied.
- The Committee’s decision on the Award will be its absolute discretion and will be final and conclusive, and the Committee will not entertain any correspondence regarding its decision.