Professor Wei Kwok Kee is the Dean of the School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) at the National University of Singapore (NUS). Prior to his NUS appointment, Prof Wei was a Chair Professor of Information Systems at the College of Business at the City University of Hong Kong. He was Dean of the university’s College of Business from 2007 to 2012 and the Head of the Department of Information Systems from 2002 to 2007. He is Fellow of the Association of Information Systems (AIS) and he was the President of that Association in 2003/4. He has been awarded the AIS LEO Award for Lifetime Exceptional Achievement in Information Systems during ICIS2016.
Before his stint with City University of Hong Kong, Prof Wei was Professor and founding Head of the Department of Information Systems at NUS. As Head of two major IS Departments in Asia (NUS and City University of Hong Kong) in the past decade, Prof Wei has developed a strong research culture and initiated major research efforts that resulted in both Departments being placed among the top 15 IS departments worldwide (Communications of the AIS, 2005, pp. 555-564). He has also introduced major curriculum reforms that aligned the degree programmes in both Departments to AIS guidelines, thereby raising the international value of these programmes.
Prof Wei has served as Senior Editor of MIS Quarterly and Associate Editor of Information Systems Research. He has also played major roles in ICIS and PACIS. As an excellent educator, his doctoral students have attained placements in good universities worldwide.
Prof Wei has published more than 200 journal and conference papers. Based on Scopus, his works have been cited over 5620 times and his h-index is 35 (as at June 2016).
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Electronic Commerce
- Innovation Adoption and Management of Enterprise Systems
- Knowledge Management Systems
- Supply Chain Management Systems
- Supply Chain Management Systems
- Management of Enterprise Systems
- Li, M. X., C. H. Tan, K. L. Huang, and K. K. Wei, “Sequentiality of Product Review Information Provision: An Information Foraging Perspective,” Management Information Systems Quarterly, Forthcoming.
- Lin, J., H. C. Chan, H. H. Teo, and K. K. Wei “Comparing competing systems: an extension of the information systems continuance model,” Management Information Systems Quarterly, Forthcoming.
- Liu, H., S. Wei, W. Ke, Wei, K.K., Hua, Z., “The configuration between supply chain integration and information technology competency: A resource orchestration perspective”, Journal of Operations Management, Forthcoming.
- Lee, D. O. K., V. Sambamurthy, K. Lim, and K. K. Wei, “How Does IT Ambidexterity Impact Organizational Agility?,” Information Systems Research, Vol. 26, Issue 2, pp. 398-417, 2015.
- Wei, K. K., H. H. Teo, H. C. Chan, and B. C. Y. Tan, "Conceptualizing and Testing A Social Cognitive Model of Digital Divide," Information Systems Research, Vol. 22, Issue 1, pp. 170-187, Mar 2011.
- Bapna, R., P. Goes, K. K. Wei, and Z. Zhang, “A Finite Mixture Logic Model to Predict Electronic Payments System Adoption,” Information Systems Research, Vol. 22, Issue 1, pp. 118-133, Mar 2011.
- Liu, H. F., W. Ke, K. K. Wei, J. B. Gu, and H. P. Chen, “The Role of Institutional Pressures and Organizational Culture in the Firm's Intention to Adopt Internet-enabled Supply Chain management Systems,” Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 28, Issue 5, pp. 372-384, 2010.
- Kankanhalli, A., B. C.Y. Tan, K. K. Wei, “Contributing Knowledge to Electronic Knowledge Repositories: An Empirical Investigation,” Management Information Systems Quarterly, 2005, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 113-143.
- Teo H. H., K. K. Wei and I. Benbasat, “Predicting Intention to Adopt Interorganizational Linkages: An Institutional Perspective,” Management Information Systems Quarterly, 2003, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp.19 – 49.
- Sia, C.L., B.C.Y. Tan and K.K. Wei, “Group Polarization and Computer-Mediated Communication: Effects of Communication Cues, Social Presence, and Anonymity,” Information Systems Research, 2002, Volume 13, Number. 1, pp. 70-90.
- Keil, M., B.C.Y. Tan, K.K. Wei, T. Saarinen, and T. Tuunainen, “A Cross-Cultural Study on Escalation of Commitment Behavior in Software Projects,” Management Information Systems Quarterly, June 2000, Volume 24, Number 2, pp. 299-325.
- Tan, B. C. Y., K. K. Wei, C. L. Sia and K. S. Raman "A Partial Test of the Task-Medium Fit Proposition in Group Support System Environment," ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, September 1999, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp 47-66.
- Tan, B.C.Y., K.K. Wei and R.T. Watson, “The Equalizing Impact of a Group Support System on Status Differentials,” ACM Transactions on Information Systems, January 1999, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 77-100.
- Tan, B. C. Y., K. K. Wei, R. T. Watson, D. L. Clapper and E. R. McLean, “Computer-Mediated Communication and Majority Influence: Assessing the Impact in an Individualistic and a Collectivistic Culture,” Management Science, Vol. 44, No. 9, September 1998, 1263-1278.
- Chan, H. C., K. K. Wei and K. L. Siau, “User-database interface: The effect of abstraction levels on query performance,” Management Information Systems Quarterly, Vol. 17, No.4, 1993, pp. 441-464.