Welcome to the School of Computing (SoC) !
We have especially put together two freshmen programming workshops that will help you to start right in your learning journey here !
The workshops are designed for two specific groups of incoming students : polytechnic graduates who have been granted exemption from the first programming course, and students who are new to programming. These workshops will be conducted in July 2016, before start of the new Academic Year 2016/2017 :
- The "Refresher in Programming" workshop is designed for incoming students holding polytechnic diploma who have been exempted from CS1010 (Programming Methodology) or its equivalent. Click here to find out more and to register.
- The "Introduction to Programming" Workshop is designed for incoming students who have Never written a program before. Click here to find out more and to register.
The workshops are offered Free-of-Charge!
Registration is open from 23 February till 9 June 2017. Please register for the appropriate classes early.
Successful applicants will be notified via email.
Refresher in Programming : Meet at Seminar Room 1 (SR1) at COM1 Level 2 (COM1-02-06)
Introduction to Programming Workshop : Meet at Seminar Room 1 (SR1) at COM1 Level 2 (COM1-02-06)
The campus map showing COM1 building (red star circled in red) and AS6 building are shown below (click on the campus map to view an enlarged version).
Please refer to the floor plan of Level 2, COM1, below to find your way around (click on the floor plan to view an enlarged version).
Directions to the COM1 Building:
- Alight at the shuttle bus stop labelled as "A1,A2,B" just below the red circle on the campus map.
- Facing the carpark, walk in your half-right or 2 o'clock direction towards the COM1 building.
- Walk through the outer glass door.
- Seminar room 1 is on level 2.
For any further enquiry, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.