Progress log for 2005
Note: These logs are in reverse chronological order.
- 26 Dec - 1 Jan - Citeseer fixing. Catching up with email.
Renewal of network and general computing resources. CVS
migration for EACL paper.
- 12 - 25 Dec - Personal leave. Recommendation letter writing.
Citeseer fixing. CS 3243 setup.
- 5 Dec - 11 Dec - Grading 5244 projects, Libraries submission
editing, Proposal / Dongwon preparation, updating publication
home page, ABET preparation, CS 1102 Lab 3 archiving for tanst,
Hendra's thesis proposal editing.
- 28 Nov - 4 Dec - Grading 5244 final exams, projects. Editing
DUC paper and TOIS paper.
- 21 - 27 Nov -
- 14 - 20 Nov - miscellaneous 5244 grading. Paper writing for
CIVR, Libraries submission and grant proposals. Grading of
- 7 - 13 Nov - ACM Multimedia conference in Singapore Hilton.
Demo to libraries.
- 31 Oct - 6 Nov - Recommendation letters, grading HW #2.
- 24 - 30 Oct - Final revised lecture for 5244. Finishing FRC
grant, preparing and printing CIKM poster, GRP presentation
evaluations, and Innopac Awards preparation.
- 17 - 23 Oct - Finish grading survey papers. 5244 class
preparation for edited lecture on collaborative filtering. IUI
2006 reviews. Group meeting and ORE meeting and preparations.
Updating group webpages, CHIME text seminar preparation, thesis
- 10 - 16 Oct - Grading survey papers. 5244 classes. Catching
up with emails. CIKM poster preparation, DUC presentation
- 3 - 9 Oct - Vacation leave. Grading survey papers.
- 26 Sep - 2 Oct - Return HW #1s. PREMIB.net meetings, AME
meeting with Hari. MComp applicant review session. Updating
undergraduate projects. Project proposal review. Grading
- 19 - 25 Sep - Grading HW #1s. Project proposal
reviews. I2R tea.
PhD applicant review session. Meeting with Yee Whye. PREMIA
meeting. Project proposal writing.
- 12 - 18 Sep - Working on URC proposal. Registration for CIKM.
- 5 - 11 Sep - Fixing budget problems with USRs. WING admin
meeting. URC proposal work. Reading CRF papers. Meeting with
- 29 Aug - 4 Sep - Submission of annual review documents.
- 22 - 28 Aug - CIKM Poster prep and submission. CHIME text
processing seminar set-up and logistics. Graph Reading group
logistics. LINC demo prep. HW #1 prep.
- 15 - 21 Aug - first 5244 class, fixed new semester schedule,
fixed DHCP default gateway on aye/cte.
- 8 - 14 Aug - Sys admin cleanup, mediaWiki install, implementing
spelling correction and phrase expansion prototype.
- 1 - 7 Aug - WIDM reviewing. Proposal writing, Citeseer fixing,
group meeting, implementing known item prototype.
- 25 - 31 Jul - HCII Conference (Las Vegas), networking. Catch up with
duties. PhD TP exams.
- 18 - 24 Jul - WIDM review prep. Step 2 work, Long's proposal
editing, Hendra's MTX summit paper editing.
- 11 - 17 Jul - Ranking proposal submission. Long's proposal
editing. Autobib download and preparation. Chimetext reading.
Learning tools VNC and Eclipse SDK. Synchronize wing cluster with
perl modules, yum updating.
- 4 - 10 Jul - Finishing EMNLP reviewing. Chimetext seminar hosting.
Visiting NTU for coordinating DL teaching.
- 27 Jun - 3 Jul - Out sick and recovery. EMNLP reviewing.
Internship review. Step 2 work.
- 20 - 26 Jun - WING cluster fixing up. Prep for review EMNLP and
RANLP. CitTag project work. Finish reviewing RANLP.
- 13 - 19 Jun - Catch-up with student progress. Lego page
maintenance. CS 5244 website prep. JCDL contact follow-up.
CHIME text seminar mix-up fixing.
- 6 - 12 Jun - JCDL conference (Denver).
- 30 May - 5 Jun - vacation.
- 23 - 29 May - GRP evaluation. AIRS reviewing.
- 16 - 22 May - EMNLP preparation. DUC corpora synchronization in
cte/rpnlpir. ROUGE package installation and
experimentation. LVC annotation. GRP
exams. GraphReading. Task force meeting. Lego mindstorms
home page preparation. AIRS reviewing.
- 9 - 15 May - Group meeting for new students. EMNLP preparation
and data analysis. AIRS review printing. GRP exams.
- 2 - 8 May - Exam moderation. Graph group reading. Task force
work. Citation parsing work. GRP exams / reviews.
- 25 Apr - 1 May - 3243 Exam and grading. Hw #2 regrading for 2
subs. Recommendation writing. CS 3243 grade upload and
moderation. Reading on graphical models. CHIME Text seminar
prep for summer. Proofreading SIGIR papers.
- 18 - 24 Apr - Markov chain readings for graph reading group.
Graph reading group setup. Setup for citation rework.
- 11 - 17 Apr - ChimeText errands. HW 2T grading. MS Project
- 4 - 10 Apr - JCDL camera ready submission, CS 3243 HW 2T prep
and set building. Fix laptop, g.p. student reporting, maze
construction, a/v reservation, HW 2T grading, LINC title
spelling correction correlation.
- 28 Mar - 3 Apr - CS 3243 Final creation, answer key creation,
- 20 - 27 Mar - vetting CS 1102 final, CS 3243 final creation,
- 13 - 19 Mar - Lego PO tracing, HW 2 grading, DKE writeup, AAAI
draft paper review.
- 6 - 12 Mar - HW 2 release, HW 1 grading, DKE writeup, PARCELS
experimentation, ACL reviewing
- 28 Feb - 5 Mar - JCDL PC meeting, 3243 midterm writeup.
- 21 - 26 Feb - Semester break, DKE start prep, ASU visit, thesis
review for Teoyungk; Luwei, IJCAI reviews, JCDL arbitration.
- 31 Jan - 6 Feb - ASU/JCDL PC trip planning. LaCIE purchase for
CiteSeer. 3243 Hw 1 prep. Annual report preparation.
- 24 - 30 Jan - SIGIR submissions, editing submissions. JCDL
submission and writeup. Installation of HTK to rpnlpir. HW 1 - Hex
distribution for 3243. Recommendation letter writing. EXCO meeting.
- 17 - 23 Jan - Meurlin final writeup. Lecture 2 prep, tutorial
prep. Known Item paper analysis.
- 10 - 16 Jan - Annual reports completed. Lecture 1 revision for
CS 3243. HW 1 framework coding.
- 3 - 9 Jan - Fixing mailing list on aye, new mailing list for NUS
TREC competition. Fixing schedule for Chimetext. Recommendation work
for MeURLin, based on WWW 2004 of Shih and Karger. Known item
evaluation re-setup. Annual reports and final report for grants.
Updating CS 3243 website and Wing website.
Min-Yen Kan <email@example.com>
Created on: Mon Jan 5 17:54:23 2004
| Version: 1.0
| Last modified:
Wed Dec 28 14:43:17 2005