Department of Computer Science, National University of Singapore
CS5239 Computer Systems Performance Analysis
AY2010/11 – Semester 2
This course aims to provide students with a working knowledge of computer performance evaluation. It covers fundamental techniques such as measurement and mathematical modeling. The module is divided into four main parts: capacity planning, measurement techniques and tools, analytic modeling techniques and case studies. Topics include: capacity planning; measurement techniques and tools covering performance metrics, workload characterization, and instrumentation; analytical modeling techniques covering operational analysis, stochastic queuing network analysis; principles of scalable performance.
Assoc Professor Teo Yong Meng
Room : COM2, #04-39
E-mail : teoym AT comp.nus.edu.sg
Teaching Assistant : Cristina Carbunaru (ccristina AT comp.nus.edu.sg)
Lecture : Thu, 1830-2030, COM1/204
Consultation Hours : Wed, 0900-1100
Examination : Apr 27, 2011, evening (to be confirmed)
Modular Credits : 4
· The Art of Computer Systems Performance Analysis: Techniques for Experimental Design, Measurement, Simulation and Modeling, R. Jain, John-Wiley, 1991. [Errata]
· Quantitative System Performance, E.D. Lazowska et al., Prentice-Hall, 1984.
· Measuring Computer Performance - A Practitioner's Guide, D.J. Lilja, Cambridge University Press, 2000.
· continuous assessment - 60%
· final examination - 40% (open book exam)
A total of 1382 different hosts have accessed this document in the last 2472 days; your host, 22.214.171.124, has accessed it 1 times.
If you're interested, complete statistics for this document are also available, including breakdowns by top-level domain, host name, and date.