Department of Computer Science, National University of Singapore
CS5239 Computer Systems Performance Analysis
AY2011/12 – Semester 2
This course aims to provide students with a working knowledge of computer performance evaluation. It covers fundamental techniques such as measurement and mathematical modeling. The module is divided into four main parts: capacity planning, measurement techniques and tools, analytic modeling techniques and case studies. Topics include: capacity planning; measurement techniques and tools covering performance metrics, workload characterization, and instrumentation; analytical modeling techniques covering operational analysis, stochastic queuing network analysis; principles of scalable performance.
· The Art of Computer Systems Performance Analysis: Techniques for Experimental Design, Measurement, Simulation and Modeling, R. Jain, John-Wiley, 1991. [Errata]
· Quantitative System Performance, E.D. Lazowska et al., Prentice-Hall, 1984.
· Measuring Computer Performance - A Practitioner's Guide, D.J. Lilja, Cambridge University Press, 2000.
· continuous assessment - 60%
· final examination - 40% (open book exam)
A total of 1965 different hosts have accessed this document in the last 2391 days; your host, 126.96.36.199, has accessed it 1 times.
If you're interested, complete statistics for this document are also available, including breakdowns by top-level domain, host name, and date.