Sime Darby Technology Centre Sdn Bhd
Position: Senior Scientist (Bioinformatics) - Senior Executive Level
(UPM-MTDC Technology Cenrtre III, Serdang)
- To develop, implement bioinformatics pipelines to support various 'omics'
- Augment the bioinformatics arm of the genome project with skilled
- To provide bioinformatics services to support RnD activities.
- To undertake exciting projects in the areas of computational biology,
bioinformatics, systems biology, and molecular genetics.
- To develop/apply machine learning and statistical methods to address
computational challenges in integrating and analyzing large biological datasets.
- To work closely with biologists, chemists, geneticists and other
scientists in a multidisciplinary team.
- Bachelor degree in bioinformatics, IT, computer science
or related disciplines.
- 2 years working experience in related field.
- Highly proficient in at least one programming language
(preferably C++, perl, java).
- Experienced in unix-based environment.
- Excellent communication skills and able to interact with a variety of
technical and scientific personnel including scientists and IT engineers.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects independently with minimum
- Experience in genetics, bioinformatics, or a related field.
- Experience with large-scale data analysis (involving hundreds of
gigabytes or more) using distributed computing clusters.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing data analysis is a plus.
- Conversant in genomic research.
- Dr Harikrishna (email@example.com)
- Dr Martti Tammi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Only successful candidates will be notified.
About Sime Darby
Developing Sustainable Futures is not just a mere tag line for us in Sime Darby Plantation. We make sustainability our business as we meet the needs of the present without compromising our future generations to meet their needs. It is one of the driving factors that motivate every employee in the Company. We also pride ourselves by being the world’s largest plantation company where our operation spans across the globe. We have a total of 543579 hectares of planted oil palm which involves the management of 208 estates and 65 mills in Malaysia and Indonesia. Globally, our downstream operations is present in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, China, Germany, UK, Bangladesh, South Africa, UAE, Netherlands, Canada, and USA. Sime Darby Plantation currently employs 70000 employees and we are seeking for more talented and experienced individuals to join us and be part of our vision in making sustainability real for everyone. In view of our expansion and acquisition of businesses, high caliber candidates who are performance-driven and thrive on challenges are invited to join our highly motivated and aggressive team.