The National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Fellow / Research Engineer / Research Assistant in the Department of Information Systems and Analytics, School of Computing (SoC). SoC is strongly committed to research excellence and seek to play an active role both internationally and locally in the core and emerging areas of Computer Science and Information Systems.
Current Position Openings:
The National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for the position of Research Engineer/Multimedia Content Developer in the Department of Information Systems and Analytics, School of Computing (SoC). SoC is strongly committed to research excellence in all its dimensions: Search for fundamental results and insights, developing novel computational solutions to a wide range of applications, building large-scale experimential systems and improving the wellbeing of society. We seek to play an active role both internationally and locally in the core and emerging areas of Computer Science and Information Systems.
The Research Engineer will be responsible for developing interactive instructional technology. He/She should have programming expertise to design and implement the platform.
Specifi responsibilities include:
- Sourcing, evaluating and selecting the necessary software and open source building blocks
- Performing programming and scripting utilizing various technologies and design user interfaces, data base tables and indexes
- Provide technical support and maintenance of assigned websites and webpages
- Monitor use of site and gathers feedback from users to gauge the value of current data and relevance of services; Monitor existing content to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Work closely with the team for any web, social, media, graphic or video needs
- Oversee website layout (image, graphics, videos and artwork)
- Produce multimedia content in various formats, including, but not limited to: videos, online photo galleries, podcasts, infographcis, and social medial stories
- Create and manage engaging content on the websites using a vibrant mix of text, photography, and video
- Fulfil other duties assigned by the PI
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional web/social media/graphics/video experience in a related position
- Experience with web application programming, CSS, WordPres, Adobe Creative Cloud or similar graphics programs
- Excellent visual communication skills to present ideas and information in a multimedia context
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media and online
E-mail your application materials or enquiries about the position to Ms Santhiyaa Ayathorai (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Department of Information Systems and Analytics at the National University of Singapore (NUS) seeks a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow to work on data science projects. The research project funding this position is about analyzing global talent flows and the economic benefit of foreign talents to Singapore. Dr. Huang’s research group is inter-disciplinary with novel methodological focus.
The ideal candidate should have research interests and experience in data science with both methodological and applications focus. The preferred candidate must have at least one or two of the following research experiences: (1) labor economics, (2) econometrics or applied statistics, (3) data mining, or (4) natural language processing. Depending on the expertise of the candidate, he/she will work on the research topics with potential to be published in top journal and/or conferences in MIS, Economics or CS. We are seeking postdoctoral scholars with strong interests in advancing data-analysis approaches. This full-time postdoctoral researcher appointment will initially be for one year, with potential for renewals. The start date is asap after June 1st 2017. A PhD or equivalent is required by the start date.
Letters of recommendation are not required at this time but please include the names of potential referees.
E-mail your materials or enquiries about the position to Associate Professor Ke-Wei Huang (email@example.com
The Research Fellow will be responsible for working closely with the Principal Investigator on one or more research projects. The research fellow will help the Principal Investigator conduct the growing body of digital innovation research by offering a new theoretical perspective on the understanding of digital ecosystems. In particular, the research fellow is going to explore the underlying mechanism and dynamics of digital innovation which is mainly driven by re-combinations of existing digital technologies across various digital ecosystems. He/she should possess experience or interest in at least one of the following research areas:
- Digital Platform Innovation
- Digital Platform Ecosystem
- Dynamic Platform System Boundary Resources
- Complex Network Modeling
- Simulation Modeling
- Genetic Algorithm
- Database System
- A PhD degree in a relevant area
- Software development experience
- Experience in research
- Good publication record
Please e-mail your application material to Assistant Professor SungYong Um (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Assistan in the Department of Information Systems and Analytics, School of Computing (SoC). SoC is strongly committed to research excellence in all its dimensions: Searching for fundamental results and insights in healthcare data, developing novel computational solutions to a wide range of applications, building large-scale experimental systems and improving the wellbeing of society. We seek to play an active role both internationally and locally in the core and emerging areas of Computer Science and Information Systems.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for working closely with the Co-Principal Investigators and lab members on one or more research projects. He/she should possess experience or interest in at least one of the following research areas:
- Data Engineering
- Data visualization
- Machine Learning
- Business Intelligence
- Healthcare or Fintech Information Systems
- Strong programming skills in python;
- Machine learning pipelining;
- Interest in data visualization with java, Tableau, Qlik or other tools;
- Writign papers;
- Good written and verbal communication skills; and
- A Bachelor's degree with Honours in a relevant area;
- Interest to pursue a PhD degree.
Send your application including a cover letter, CV and a brief statement of relevant work or research experience. Please e-mail your materials to Jungpil Hahn (email@example.com) and Keith Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The full-time Research Assistant will work closely with Associate Professor Ke-Wei Huang in several data analytics projects. The position is available immediately and must start before July 1st 2017. The terms of appointment will be 1 year. The selected candidate will be offered 3,400 SGD per month. The position is a good fit for BS/MS students interested in pursuing PhD degree in IS, Data Science, Economics or other business discplines.
The successful candidate will have at least a Bachelor's degree in a relevant area of Computer Science, Information Systems, or Data Science.
She/He should have relevant background and strong interest in programming languages in general.
Specific expertise in one of the following areas is useful: (1) Python programmng is required, (2) R programming is preferred, (3) MySQL and database knowledge is required, (4) knowledge in data mining (preferred), (5) knowledge in statistics preferred, (6) knowledge in data integration (Pentaho Kettle/Spoon). (7) Natural Language Processing knowledge is not required but will be useful.
The candidate will work on the following tasks: (1) high-performance web crawling and information harvesting from social sites, (2) helping Dr. Huang to develop R programs for new algorithms and for teaching purpose, (3) Data pre-processing of various research projects. Candidates with strong statistics or mathematics can coauthor on selected research projects.
Send your application including a cover letter, CV and a brief statement of relevant work or research experience. Please e-mail your materials to Ke-Wei Huang, PI (email@example.com). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.