To recognise NUS Computing alumni whose endeavours in their chosen fields or professions are worthy of recognition and have brought honour to the University/School.
The two categories of awards are:
- Distinguished Computing Alumni Service Award
- Outstanding Young Computing Alumni Award (for nominees aged 40 and below as of 31 Dec 2020)
- Contribution/leadership in his/her profession, industry or discipline
- Service to the alma mater, community or the nation
- Any other area of human endeavour deemed worthy
Any Computing alumnus of NUS (including University of Singapore and Nanyang University) shall be eligible for this award.
Who May Nominate? Any member of the NUS Computing community, comprising faculty, staff, students and alumni, may nominate candidates for the award.
How to Nominate? To submit nominations for deserving alumni, please complete the online nomination form.
Self-nominations are accepted.
Nomination deadline is 31 January 2021.
- The Award shall consist of an engraved plaque accompanied by a citation.
- The awards will be given annually, provided suitable candidates can be found.
All nominations will be reviewed and subject to the recommendation by an Awards Evaluation Committee appointed by the Dean and the decision of the Awards Committee is final.
In the nomination/selection process, previous recipients of the Distinguished Alumni Award by Office of Alumni Relations and of National Day Awards and those given by academic/professional bodies may serve as examples.
- Nominations must be made on a prescribed nomination form and additional supporting materials may be requested.
- The Committee reserves the right to verify all information supplied.
- The Committee’s decision on the Award will be its absolute discretion and will be final and conclusive, and the Committee will not entertain any correspondence regarding its decision.
Questions or feedback regarding the Outstanding Computing Alumni Awards can be sent to SoCFamily@comp.nus.edu.sg.