GUO Charng RangAssociate Professor (Practice)
Program Director, National Cybersecurity Research & Development Lab (NCL)
D.Phil. (University of Oxford)
Research Sub Areas
- Applied Cybersecurity
Guo Charng Rang is an Associate Professor at the School of Computing at the National University of Singapore and the Programme Director of the National Cybersecurity R&D Lab (NCL). NCL is a national lab funded by the National Research Foundation hosted in NUS School of Computing. The objective is to support the Singapore cybersecurity community in R&D and education. To this end, NCL runs a cluster of more than 200 computing machines and provides cloud services and other higher level services to the community. In particular, NCL develops simulated enterprise network with vulnerabilities that has a wide range of applications, such as usage by education institutes to conduct cybersecurity lessons. The lab was officially launched in Feb 2015, and has supported more than 70 projects from academia, industries and government agencies and achieved full utilization after around a year. Almost all the universities and a number of polytechnics in Singapore are involved in the NCL initiatives, conducting lessons, performing research, or collaborating in other projects. A/Prof Guo oversees the development and operation of NCL, while the other two faculty members in NUS SoC, A/Prof Chang Ee-Chien and A/Prof Liang Zhenkai, oversee the research aspects of the lab. Prior to joining NUS, A/Prof Guo works in DSO National Laboratories and Defence Science and Technology Agency for more than 20 years, specializing in cybersecurity, in particular, in cryptography and trusted system.
- On Solvability of Ternary Quadratic Forms, Proceedings of London Mathematics Society, 701995 241 - 263
- On the Zeros of the Derivative of the Riemann Zeta Function, Proceedings of the London Mathematics Society, 721996 28 - 62
- The Distribution of the logarithmic derivatives of the Riemann Zeta Function, Proceedings of the London Mathematics Society, 721996 1 - 27
- On the Zeros of zs and z’s, Journal of Number Theory, Vol 54, Issues 2, 206 – 210.
- Analysis of RFID Mutual Authentication Protocols, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, 2009.