Aquinas Adam HOBORAssistant Professor
P.hD. (Computer Science, Princeton University, 2008)
M.A. (Computer Science, Princeton University, 2005)
B.S. (Mathematics, Honors, University of Chicago, 2003)
B.S. (Computer Science, Honors, University of Chicago, 2003)
B.S. (Honors in the College, University of Chicago, 2003)
- Programming Languages & Software Engineering
- I do research in verification, semantic models, machine-checked proof, and computer security. Particular areas of recent interest are verifying graph-manipulating programs, certified decision procedures, parallel programming, and cryptocurrencies.
As of July 1, 2013, I have become an Assistant Professor with a joint appointment between National University of Singapore's School of Computing and Yale-NUS College. Previously, from October 23, 2011 to June 30, 2013 I was a Lecturer, and before that I was a Lee Kuan Yew Postdoctoral Fellow from October 23, 2008 - October 22, 2011. On October 17th, 2008, I defended my PhD thesis, in which I developed a modular semantic model for concurrency, at the Department of Computer Science at Princeton University.
- Verification of a Garbage Collector, Graph-Manipulating Programs and Cryptocurrency
Logical Reasoning for Disjoint Permissions. Xuan Bach Le, Aquinas Hobor. 27th European Symposium of Programming (ESOP 2018), pp. 385-414, April 2018.
Making Smart Contracts Smarter. Loi Luu, Duc-Hiep Chu, Hrishi Olickel, Prateek Saxena, Aquinas Hobor. 23rd ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS 2016), pp. 254-269, October 2016.
Program Logics for Certified Compilers. Andrew W. Appel, Robert Dockins, Aquinas Hobor, Lennart Beringer, Josiah Dodds, Gordon Stewart, Sandrine Blazy, Xavier Leroy. Cambridge University Press, 2014.
The Ramifications of Sharing in Data Structures. Aquinas Hobor, Jules Villard. The 40th ACM SIGACT-SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL 2013), pp. 523-536, January 2013.
A Theory of Indirection via Approximation. Aquinas Hobor, Robert Dockins, Andrew W. Appel. 37th ACM SIGACT-SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL 2010), pp. 171-185, January 2010.
A Fresh Look at Separation Algebras and Share Accounting. Robert Dockins, Aquinas Hobor, Andrew W. Appel. The 7th Asian Symposium on Programming Languages and Systems (APLAS 2009), pp. 161-177, December 2009.
Oracle Semantics for Concurrent Separation Logic. Aquinas Hobor, Andrew W. Appel, Francesco Zappa Nardelli. 17th European Symposium of Programming (ESOP 2008), pp. 353-367, March/April 2008.
Awards & Honours
- Lee Kuan Yew Postdoctoral Fellowship http://www.nus.edu.sg/dpr/funding/lky.html 2008, Republic of Singapore
- First Year Fellowship 2003, Princeton University
- ACM Programming Contest World Finalist 2002, Association for Computing Machinery
- Dean’s List 1999-2003, The University of Chicago
- CS1010S: Programming Methodology