LU WeiquanSenior Lecturer (Educator Track)
SIA-NUS Digital Aviation Corporate Laboratory Co-Principle Investigator
NUS Overseas College (NOC) Steering Committee
NUS ALSET Core Faculty
NUS SoC Academic Advisor (Undergraduate)
- Ph.D in Electrical and Computer Engineering (NUS)
Weiquan is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Computing in NUS who examines the User Experience (UX) Design of technologically-empowered learning environments. He designs and utilizes experiential learning technology (such as simulations, Augmented and Virtual Reality) in the courses he teaches, and his education research interests include figuring out how all this technology tangibly and measurably affects human learning using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. He also advises the government in the fields of UX design and experiential learning, and he develops Metaverse applications for industry clients. He holds a B.Comp. in Computing and a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from NUS.
User Experience Design
Augmented and Virtual Reality
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning for learning analytics / academic integrity
- Check out my Google Scholar page for the complete list!https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=3Wqa1f0AAAAJ&hl=enOtherwise, below are the most recent publications!
- Chu, K., Lu, W., Oka, K., Takashima, K., Kitamura, Y. A Study on AR Authoring using Mobile Devices for Educators. ICAT-EGVE2018.https://doi.org/10.2312/egve.20181331
- Oka K., Lu W., Özacar K., Takashima K., Kitamura Y. 2017 Exploring in-the-Wild Game-Based Gesture Data Collection. In: Bernhaupt R., Dalvi G., Joshi A., K. Balkrishan D., O'Neill J., Winckler M. eds Human-Computer Interaction - INTERACT 2017. INTERACT 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10514. Springer, Cham.https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67684-5_7
- Lu, W., Pillai, S., Rajendran, K., Kitamura, Y., Yen, C-C., Do, E.Y-L. Virtual Interactive Human Anatomy: Dissecting the Domain, Navigating the Politics, Creating the Impossible.Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems. DOI:10.1145/3027063.3050431
AWARDS & HONOURS
Regional Award Winner (Gold) for Virtual Interactive Human Anatomy, QS Reimagine Education Conference https://www.reimagine-education.com/regional-2019-award-winners/