LU WeiquanSenior Lecturer
NUS Overseas College (NOC) Steering Committee
NUS ALSET Core Faculty
NUS SoC DISA Executive Committee
NUS SoC Academic Advisor (Undergraduate)
Ph.D in Electrical and Computer Engineering (NUS)
- Intelligent Systems
- Experiential Learning
- User Experience Design
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
Weiquan is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Computing in NUS who examines the User Experience (UX) Design of technologically-empowered learning environments. He designs and utilizes experiential learning technology (such as simulations, Augmented and Virtual Reality) in the courses he teaches, and his education research interests include figuring out how all this technology tangibly and measurably affects human learning. He also advises government and industry in the fields of UX design, experiential learning, as well as and virtual and augmented reality. He holds a B.Comp. in Computing and a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from NUS.
- Augmented Reality powered by Artificial Intelligence for Pilot Training
- Experiential Learning for scaffolding learning of Ethics in Computing
- Grading Essays using Artificial Intelligence
Check out my Google Scholar page for the complete list!
Otherwise, below are the most recent publications!
Chu, K., Lu, W., Oka, K., Takashima, K., Kitamura, Y. A Study on AR Authoring using Mobile Devices for Educators. ICAT-EGVE2018. https://doi.org/10.2312/egve.20181331
Oka K., Lu W., Özacar K., Takashima K., Kitamura Y. (2017) Exploring in-the-Wild Game-Based Gesture Data Collection. In: Bernhaupt R., Dalvi G., Joshi A., K. Balkrishan D., O'Neill J., Winckler M. (eds) Human-Computer Interaction - INTERACT 2017. INTERACT 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10514. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67684-5_7
Lu, W., Pillai, S., Rajendran, K., Kitamura, Y., Yen, C-C., Do, E.Y-L. Virtual Interactive Human Anatomy: Dissecting the Domain, Navigating the Politics, Creating the Impossible. Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems. DOI: 10.1145/3027063.3050431
Awards & Honours
- Regional Award Winner (Gold) for Virtual Interactive Human Anatomy, QS Reimagine Education Conference https://www.reimagine-education.com/regional-2019-award-winners/
- IS1103: IS Innovations in Organisations and Society
- IS4261: Designing IT-Enabled Business Innovations
- SWS3015 Make good products great again!