Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 120,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 13 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions through its Digital Transformation Factory, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payment industry. With its cutting-edge technologies and industry knowledge, Atos supports the digital transformation of its clients across all business sectors. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, Unify and Worldline. Atos is listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
Objectives of Scholarship
The establishment of this scholarship is to support and encourage students to advance their digital capabilities as well as to spur them to greater heights of academic excellence.
The Gift will be used to provide scholarships to Singaporean students in the School of Computing in either the Business Analytics, Information Security or Computer Science degree programmes.
Details of Scholarship
The Scholarship will cover the scholar’s tuition fee (excluding MOE Tuition Grant) up to the amount that is payable by a Singaporean student. The number of scholarships to be awarded in each academic year shall be subject to sufficiency of funds and/or available income, and NUS’ prevailing spending policies. NUS will be responsible for, and have the sole discretion in, the selection of candidates and the administration of the Award.
The Scholarship is targeted to be awarded from AY2019/2020 onwards. Each scholarship is tenable only for the academic year in which it is awarded.
Application and Selection Procedure
The selection for deserving candidates will be done by a committee appointed by the Dean.
- Applicants must be Singaporeans and existing full-time NUS School of Computing undergraduates.
- Existing full-time NUS School of Computing undergraduates must have both a Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of at least 3.50 and a Semester Average Point (SAP) of at least 3.50 from the most recent semester to apply.
- Applicants with other forms of support such as grants, bursaries and scholarships will need to obtain prior approval from the respective awarding bodies for the concurrent holding of the awards; they must indicate such approvals explicitly during their application.
- Priority shall be given to students who are not holding any scholarship.
- Besides academic achievement, the selection committee will also take into consideration leadership potential, good character, and records of co-curricular activities as selection criteria.
Short-listed candidates will be selected by the Selection Committee. NUS School of Computing reserves the right not to award any scholarship if none of the candidates meets the criteria.