About this Fund
This Fund has been set up to allow more Computing students to gain international exposure and professional qualification. Money will be drawn from the Fund to subsidise students’ overseas study trips and certification courses such as those by SAP, IBM, Oracle and Sun.
The Fund may also be drawn to send graduate students to participate in top academic conferences. Currently, student participation in these activities is contingent on the availability of limited funds for student travel and conference participation.
Nature of Fund
The Fund will subsidise students’ overseas study trips and certification course such as those by SAP, IBM, Oracle and Sun and to send graduate students to participate in top academic conferences as determined by the Selection Panel for a one-off assistance up to a maximum value of ONE THOUSAND AND FIVE HUNDRED dollars (S$1,500.00) per student per academic year.
Students must have completed at least one semester of studies at School of Computing before they can apply for this Fund. Applications for the Fund must be made using the prescribed form by end January and end August of each year. Applicants will be selected on a deserving basis and the criteria for the Fund will include:
- (a) Students with CAP of min. 2.00.
- (b) Financial status of the applicant (family household income, other mitigating factors, etc);
- (c) Significance and potential value of the top academic conferences, overseas study trips and/or certification courses;
- (d) Priority will be given to students not holding any other financial assistance or award;
- (e) Priority will be given to Singaporean students; and
- (f) Any other attributes of the applicant that may provide an assessment of the character and the potential for leadership or contributions to the NUS community.
Equal weighting will be given to the criteria (a) to (c).
- The Fund will be withdrawn if it is found that the information given in the application form is not true or inaccurate.
- The decision of the selection committee will be final.
Application and Selection Procedure
Applications for the Award must be made using the prescribed application form.
All applications are to be submitted by end January (for Semester 2 applications) and end August (for Semester 1 applications).
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Applications may only be made outside of these dates if the timing of the activity does not allow the application to be made by the specified deadlines.
Date of Interview
Applicants will be notified of interview schedule if required.