The PayPal Women Luminaries Program is available to outstanding female undergraduates pursuing their studies at NUS School of Computing.
Each year, one female undergraduate will be chosen from the application pool and the scholarship will be awarded based on the strengths of each candidate’s impact on diversity and innovation, contributions to the tech industry, demonstration of technical skills, leadership and academic accomplishments.
The Program is open to:
- Singaporean or PR
- CAP of at least 3.75
- Currently enrolled as a full-time Year 2 or Year 3 undergraduate pursuing an undergraduate degree programme in the School of Computing
- Demonstrate passion for tech and innovation
- Have track records of contributing to the tech community
- Has a vision of contributing to the Singapore tech innovation landscape
BENEFITS OF AWARD
Luminaries will each receive a one-time scholarship of SGD12,000 to offset an academic year of tuition fees.
A PayPal Luminary will have access to the following:
- An opportunity to intern with PayPal
- Access to mentors for career guidance
- PayPal internal technical courses and workshops
- Invitation to PayPal Singapore’s Inclusion & Diversity social events
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Applicants with other forms of support such as grants, bursaries and scholarships will need to obtain prior approval from the respective awarding bodies for the concurrent holding of the awards; they must indicate such approvals explicitly during their application.
- The University reserves the right to revoke or suspend the program of the recipient if, for example, the recipient withdraws from the undergraduate course prematurely, or the recipient is terminated from the undergraduate course, or the academic progress of the recipient is considered unsatisfactory.
- Application period for the Program will run from June each year.
- Eligible students can apply via the URL.
- Late and incomplete submissions will not be processed.
- The program is awarded on the basis of competition among eligible applicants.
The University reserves the right not to award the program if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.