If you are taking CS1010 for AY18/19 Semester 1, please
go to here
instead. You have stumbled upon the CS1010 website for
AY17/18 and before.
- Welcome to CS1010!
- Quick access to useful links:
Dear CS1010 students,
To prepare for the module, please do the following as soon as possible:
- Read through the pages on this website.
- Bring along/remember your NUSNET account-id and password,
so that you can log into the computer.
- Create your UNIX account before week 2.
The website is
- You may also refer to
for other related information, such as what you could do
if you forget your UNIX account password.
- Discussion sessions (tutorials) are conducted in programming labs.
You may refer to IVLE
to find out where the lab is located. Please arrive there on time.
- Bring along your matriculation card, as you may need it to gain
access into the programming lab for your discussion sessions
starting from week 3.
(Note that the card readers may be deactivated in the
first few weeks of class for the convenience of our freshmen.
In this case, you can get into the lab without the need
of your card. But still, it is better to bring your card
along just in case.)
If your card does not work while everybody else's does, please
send an email indicating your matriculation number to
to inform them of the problem.
Thanks and the CS1010 team look forwards to meeting you!
Hits since 06-Jul-17: 25647.
Accesses today: 4. Statistics.