Assistant Professor, Computer Science
firstname.lastname@example.org | Google Scholar
Office: School of Computing
National University of Singapore
13 Computing Drive
Curriculum Vitæ | Research Statement
I'm an assistant professor at the School of Computing at the National University of Singapore. Prior to joining NUS, I spent a year at Microsoft Research in Redmond working with Karin Strauss and her fantastic team on the DNA storage project (check this exciting video), and before that I was a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Washington, working in the SAMPA group group led by Luis Ceze and Mark Oskin. I received my PhD degree from the School of Computer and Communication Sciences at EPFL, Switzerland, where I worked in Parallel Systems Architecture Laboratory (PARSA) with Prof. Babak Falsafi.
Three openings: PhD stdudent position in the area of DNA data storge, PhD student position in architcture/systems, and research assistant position in the area of DNA data storage.
Research Interest: My research focuses on increasing the efficiency of server systems for datacenters to support sustainable growth of important global services during the ongoing environmental crisis. I seek to minimize the energy footprint and maximize the compute and storage density of server systems through better system integration, the use of emerging technologies, specialization of various system components for prevalent applications, and disciplined approximation.
Current Focus: approximate computing, systems for AI, DNA data storage, specialized storage systems for multimedia, memory systems for servers (including gigantic DRAM caches), 3D integrated circuits, near-memory processing, virtual memory support for big data, and server systems modeling and evaluation.
- CS6219 DNA-Based Data Storage and Computation, Fall 2020.
- CS2106 Introduction to Operating Systems, Spring 2020.
- CG2271 Real-Time Operating Systems, Fall 2019.
- CS6280 Computer Systems For Datacenters, Spring 2019.
- Clustering Billions of Reads for DNA Data Storage. Cyrus Rashtchian, Konstantin Makarychev, Miklos Racz, Siena Ang, Djordje Jevdjic, Sergey Yekhanin, Luis Ceze, and Karin Strauss. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), December 2017
- Approximate Storage for Encoded and Encrypted Videos . Djordje Jevdjic, Karin Strauss, Luis Ceze, and Henrique Malvar 22nd Intl. Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS) April 2017
- Fat Caches for Scale-Out Servers . Stavros Volos, Djordje Jevdjic, Babak Falsafi, and Boris Grot. IEEE Micro, 2017
- Unison Cache: A Scalable and Effective Die-Stacked DRAM Cache . Djordje Jevdjic, Gabriel H. Loh, Cansu Kaynak, and Babak Falsafi 47th Intl. Symposium on Microarchitecture (MICRO), December 2014, Cambridge, UK
- A Case for Specialized Processors for Scale-Out Workloads . Michael Ferdman, Almutaz Adileh, Onur Kocberber, Stavros Volos, Mohammad Alisafaee, Djordje Jevdjic, Cansu Kaynak, Adrian Daniel Popescu, Anastasia Ailamaki, and Babak Falsafi IEEE Micro Top Picks, Vol. 34, 2014
- Die-Stacked DRAM Caches for Servers: Hit Ratio, Latency, or Bandwidth? Have It All with Footprint Cache . Djordje Jevdjic, Stavros Volos and Babak Falsafi 40th Intl. Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), June 2013, Tel-Aviv, Israel
- From A to E: Analyzing TPC's OLTP Benchmarks - The obsolete, the ubiquitous, the unexplored . Pinar Tozun, Ippokratis Pandis, Cansu Kaynak, Djordje Jevdjic, and Anastasia Ailamaki 16th Intl. Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT), March 2013, Genoa, Italy
- Quantifying the Mismatch between Emerging Scale-Out Applications and Modern Processors . Michael Ferdman, Almutaz Adileh, Onur Kocberber, Stavros Volos, Mohammad Alisafaee, Djordje Jevdjic, Cansu Kaynak, Adrian Daniel Popescu, Anastasia Ailamaki, and Babak Falsafi ACM Transactions on Computer Systems (TOCS), Vol. 30, Issue 4, November 2012
- Thermal Characterization of Cloud Workloads on a Power-Efficient Server-on-Chip . Dragomir Milojevic, Sachin Idgunji, Djordje Jevdjic, Emre Ozer, Pejman Lotfi-Kamran, Andreas Panteli, Andreas Prodromou, Chrysostomos Nicopoulos, Damien Hardy, Babak Falsafi, and Yiannakis Sazeides. 30th Intl. IEEE Conference on Computer Design (ICCD), September-October 2012, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Scale-out Processors . Pejman Lotfi-Kamran, Boris Grot, Michael Ferdman, Stavros Volos, Onur Kocberber, Javier Picorel Obando, Almutaz Adileh, Djordje Jevdjic, Sachin Idgunji, Emre Ozer, and Babak Falsafi 39th Intl. Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), June 2012, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Clearing the Clouds: A Study of Emerging Workloads on Modern Hardware . Michael Ferdman, Almutaz Adileh, Onur Kocberber, Stavros Volos, Mohammad Alisafaee, Djordje Jevdjic, Cansu Kaynak, Adrian Daniel Popescu, Anastasia Ailamaki, and Babak Falsafi 17th Intl. Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), March 2012, London, UK.