Progress log for 2006
Note: These logs are in reverse chronological order.
want to see my personal
wiki for more detailed specs.
- 28 Aug - 3 Sep: 5244 class, cache work for slideseer
- 21 - 27 Aug: 5244 class, A001 updating, SERC HFE workshop
- 14 - 20 Aug: CiteSeer updating, LaCIE copying for Hidetsugu,
started dAnth list, David Chiang's talk, update ppts for
- 7 - 13 Aug: Preparation for class #0, N Day, done with google
queries, PREMIA AGM, CiteSeer transport disk copying, ACL
mirror, bought SIGMOD Anth, group meeting, Dongwon visit
- 31 Jul - 6 Aug: PREMIA meeting, SMS collection mods and debut.
- 24 - 30 Jul: Course pack creation, catching up on emails,
Dongwon visit application.
- 17 - 23 Jul: Away at COLING/ACL/EMNLP.
- 10 - 16 Jul: Slideseer work, group meeting and notes
compilation. Visits by Hal Daume and I2R talks.
- 2 - 9 Jul: AIRS proceedings finalization. Sent out copyright
forms to Springer. NPIC ruby work - demo now finally up.
- 26 Jun - 2 Jul: AIRS publication chair work - deadline for hard
copies past. Slideseer infrastructure work.
- 19 - 25 Jun: Slideseer alignment work.
- 12 - 18 Jun: NPIC and Slideseer work. CHIMEText revival and
scheduling. RP 5 for old grant.
- 5 - 11 Jun: AIRS publication chair work. NPIC and Slideseer
work. Group meeting preparation. Group meeting
- 29 May - 4 Jun: Slideseer work, MM short paper work, EMNLP
camera ready edits.
- 22 - 28 May: DUC Notebook paper editing. Slideseer work.
Making NPIC corpus available. Updating WING homepage and
adding download section. Finalizing AIRS 2006 reviews.
- 15 - 21 May: AIRS reviewing. DUC Notebook paper editing for
Shiren. Meeting up with Yee Whye for CRF work again. CiteSeer
documentation. Group meeting and preparations for it.
- 8 - 14 May: CIVR final manuscript editing. CiteSeer
- 31 Apr - 7 May: Holiday. CS 1102 marks validation. EMNLP
reviewing. Recommendation letters. Search plug-in for
CiteSeer NUS mirror. CiteSeer synchronization with Dec 2005
- 24 - 30 Apr: CIVR 2006 reviewing finished. 1102 validation.
3243 final grading marks. Yee Fan's GRP proofreading. CS 1102
- 17 - 23 Apr: HYP reading and evaluation. EMNLP submission with
Long. Chimetext reading group. HW 2 grading. AAAI
workshop, CIVR 2006 reviewing. Bidding for courses next year.
- 10 - 16 Apr: MComp review. Prepare HW2I/T grading. Catching up
on email. HYP thesis reading. Last AI lecture.
- 3 - 9 Apr: vacation. EACL trip.
- 27 Mar - 2 Apr: HYP presentation proofing. Preparing for EACL
presentation. EACL presentation.
- 20 - 26 Mar: reviewing HYP proposals. Prospective HYP
discussions with students. 3243 exam preparation and answer key
prep. SIGIR poster review,
HLT-NAACL short paper review.
- 13 - 19 Mar: Special I2R talk by Prof. Li Sheng, Harbin IT.
3243 midterm grading. JCDL poster review, HYP student theses review. EACL
trip logistics. 3243 Midterm grading, HW #1 grading, 3243
prolog tutorial, HW#2I framework, final writing, HYP student
meetings. Setting up G4.
- 6 - 12 Mar: Fei's CIVR paper. ECDL nil classifier work.
Graduate application review. HW #2 formulation for 3243.
Midterm grading for 3243. ECDL paper writing and submission
- 27 Feb - 5 Mar: Finished first edit of Neo et al.'s CIVR paper.
Working on ECDL submission data gathering. NOI 2006.
- 20-26 Feb: Travelling. JCDL PC meeting in Norfolk. IST PSU
visit at State College. Holiday.
- 13 - 19 Feb: Preparation for US trip. Finishing JCDL reviews.
CIVR-1 edits. NOI solution and problem setting.
- 7 Feb - 12 Feb: JCDL paper review. Setting up for IEEE TMM
formatting. Finished EACL MWE paper edits.
- 30 Jan - 5 Feb: Holiday. NAACL 06 paper review. HW#1
framework coding. Logistics for CHIME text and Graph reading
group sessions. AAAI paper editing for Hang. JCDL short paper
writing and rewriting for Eugene's paper. HW 1 game driver
- 23 - 29 Jan: 3243 tutorial editing. Paper reviews for HLT
NAACL 06, Yang xiaofeng's thesis editing. NRF proposal editing.
JCDL 2006 short paper editing. HW 1 coding.
- 16 - 22 Jan: 3243 course teaching and slide editing. Paper
reviews. JCDL paper editing.
- 9 - 15 Jan: Personal leave. Skype meeting with Dongwon. TOIS
and IPM journal paper editing.
- 2 - 8 Jan: Preparing URC grant. Proofreading soft pattern TOIS
and EACL workshop papers. Preparing CS3243 website and
coursework. Reviewing for IJIT-SCS. Putting Citeseer online.
Min-Yen Kan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Created on: Tue Jan 3 15:04:41 2006
| Version: 1.0
| Last modified:
Tue Aug 29 11:23:08 2006