Sung Wing Kin, Ken
Professor, School of Computing, National University of Singapore,
Computing 1, 13 Computing Drive, Singapore 117417
Senior Group Leader, Genome Institute of Singapore, 60 Biopolis Street, #02-01, Genome,
B.Sc (HKU), Ph.D (HKU)
Prof. Wing-Kin Sung (§º¥Ã°·) received both the B.Sc. and the Ph.D. degree in
the Department of Computer Science
from the University of Hong Kong in 1993, 1998, respectively.
He is a professor in the
Department of Computer Science,
School of Computing, NUS.
He is also a senior group leader in
Genome Institute of Singapore.
He is also a senior group leader in Genome Institute of Singapore. He has over 25 years of experience in Bioinformatics and Computational genomic research. Prof. Sung has published 286 research papers (45 papers with IF>10, 41 papers with 10>IF>5). These papers report original and improved (and sometimes optimal) solutions in bioinformatics and their applications in biomedical research. His current H-index is 67. His papers have received 29,234 citations. He teaches courses on bioinformatics for both undergraduate and postgraduate. He was conferred the 2003 FIT paper award (Japan), the 2006 National Science Award (Singapore), and the 2008 Young Researcher Award (NUS) for his research contribution in bioinformatics and algorithm.
- Conference/Programme chair
- Invited talks
- Editorial board
- Programme committee
- WALCOM2022, RECOMB-CG2022, IWOCA2022, RECOMB2022, ICIBM2022, IWBBIO2022, ACM-BCB2022, ISAAC2022, BIBM2022
- RECOMB2021, APBC2021, BIOINFORMATICS2021, ACM-BCB2021, WALCOM2021, RECOMBCG2021, BIBM2021, ISAAC2021, IWOCA2021, InCoB2021
- RECOMB2020, APBC2020, RECOMB-CG 2020, IWBBIO2020, BIBM2020, ACM-BCB2020, ECCB2020, WALCOM2020
- AICoB2019, BIBM2019, IWBBIO2019, APBC2019, BIBM2019, RECOMB2019, CPM2019, ACM-BCB2019
- GIW2018, SPIRE2018, APBC2018, RECOMB2018, AICoB2018, BIBE2018, ISBRA2018, ICIBM2018
- LATA2017, RECOMB2017, ISBRA2017, APBC2017, BIBM2017, InCOB2017, GIW2017
- PRICAI 2016, APBC 2016, BICoB 2016, BIBE2016, ISBRA2016, SPIRE2016, BIBM2016, ICIBM2016
- Data-structure and Algorithm(CS1102)
- Introduction to Bioinformatics(CS2220)
- 2002/2003 Sem2, 2003/2004 Sem2, 2004/2005 Sem2, 2014/2015 Sem1
- Programming Methodology for Engineering (CS1101c)
- Adanced Combinatorial methods in bioinformatics(CS5238)
- 2002/2003 Sem1, 2003/2004 Sem1, 2004/2005 Sem1, 2005/2006 Sem1, 2006/2007 Sem1, 2007/2008 Sem1, 2008/2009 Sem1, 2009/2010 Sem1, 2010/2011 Sem1, 2011/2012 Sem1, 2012/2013 Sem1, 2016/2017 Sem1
- Combinatorial methods in bioinformatics(CS3225)
- 2006/2007 Sem2, 2007/2008 Sem2, 2008/2009 Sem2, 2009/2010 Sem2, 2010/2011 Sem2, 2011/2012 Sem2, 2012/2013 Sem2, 2013/2014 Sem2, 2014/2015 Sem2, 2015/2016 Sem2, 2016/2017 Sem2, 2017/2018 Sem2
- Design and Analysis of Algorithm(CS3230)
- 2013/2014 Sem1, 2014/2015 Sem2, 2017/2018 Sem1, 2018/2019 Sem2, 2019/2020 Sem2
- Combinatorial Methods in Bioinformatics(CS4330)
SurVirus: A fast and sensitive method to call virus integrations which is repeat-aware. Its performance is much better than BatVI.
TranSurVeyor: An accurate caller of transpositions from short reads dataset
SurvIndel: An accurate caller of deletions and duplications from short read dataset
Compressed representation of Wiggle/BedGraph format (or from this link)
- PEAssember: A de novo genome assembler
- BatMeth: Improved mapper for bisulfite sequencing reads on DNA methylation
- BatMis: A fast short read aligner allowing up to 10 mismatches
- BatAlign: A short read aligner allowing indels
- BatVI: A a fast and sensitive method to determine viral integrations
- BASIC: A genome browser
- ChIA-PET tool: A tool for analyzing ChIA-PET datasets
- ChromSDE: Inference of Spatial Organizations of Chromosomes Using Semi-definite Embedding Approach and Hi-C Data
- CCAT3.0: A ChIP-seq peak caller
- CENTDIST: A motif scanner for ChIP-seq data
- SEME: A de novo motif finder for ChIP-seq data
- MotifVoter motif finder
- SPACE motif finder
- FACT: Fast Algorithms for Consensus Trees
- Local Gapped Subforest Aligner: A Tool to Align two RNA Secondary Structures Locally
- Other Software by the group (may not work)
Last Updated: Wednesday, 20-Apr-2022 08:37:10 SGT
This document, index.htm, has been accessed 65419 times since 30-Jul-05 15:41:04 SGT.
This is the 4th time it has been accessed today.
A total of 26130 different hosts have accessed this document in the
last 6393 days; your host, ec2-3-236-138-35.compute-1.amazonaws.com, has accessed it 1 times.
If you're interested, complete statistics for
this document are also available, including breakdowns by top-level
domain, host name, and date.