Department of Computer Science, National University of Singapore
CS5239 Computer Systems Performance Analysis
AY2016/17 – Semester 1
This course aims to provide students with a working knowledge of computer performance evaluation. It covers fundamental techniques such as measurement and mathematical modeling. The module is divided into four main parts: capacity planning, performance measurement, analytic models and case studies. Topics include: capacity planning; measurement covering performance metrics, workload characterization, and instrumentation; analytic techniques covering operational analysis, stochastic queuing network analysis; and principles of scalable performance.
· The Art of Computer Systems Performance Analysis: Techniques for Experimental Design, Measurement, Simulation and Modeling, R. Jain, John-Wiley, 1991. [Errata]
· Quantitative System Performance, E.D. Lazowska et al., Prentice-Hall, 1984.
· Measuring Computer Performance - A Practitioner's Guide, D.J. Lilja, Cambridge University Press, 2000.
· continuous assessment - 60%
· final examination - 40% (open book exam)
A total of 2659 different hosts have accessed this document in the last 687 days; your host, 22.214.171.124, has accessed it 1 times.
If you're interested, complete statistics for this document are also available, including breakdowns by top-level domain, host name, and date.