Computer Science, National University of Singapore
CS5224 Cloud Computing - AY 2021/22
Semester 2 (Jan 2022)
This introductory cloud computing module covers fundamental aspects of cloud computing concepts, models, technologies, and cloud application programming. The module is divided into three main parts: principles of cloud computing, cloud technologies, programming & applications and cloud management with a business case project.
Topics include: concepts & models, cloud architecture, resource hosting & datacenter, virtualization & multi-tenancy, cloud application programming and paradigms, cloud software development, pricing models and TCO. Cloud application developments for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS are introduced with hands-on using Amazon Web Services. The module includes programming assignments and a group project to develop an SaaS application.
Module Coordinator & Group 2: Teo Yong Meng - Com2, #04-39 (email),
Group 1: Dumitrel Login (email)
Group 1: Binita Radhakrishna Shetty (email) and Omprakash Padmanaban (email)
Group 2: Phichayut (Com2, #B1-01 (email))
Group 1 (Soc) - Tue, 6.30-8.30pm+1, Group 2 (non-SoC) - Wed 4-6pm+1
Consultation Hours: Wed, 2-3pm
Modular Credits: 4
• online self-assessment quizzes: 20%
• programming assignments: 20%
• project (group): 30%
• test (closed book): 30%
1. Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology & Architecture, Thomas Erl, et al., Prentice-Hall, 2013 [2 copies at Central Library RBR].
2. The Datacenter as a Computer - Designing Warehouse-Scale Machines, 3rd edition, Morgan & Claypool Publishers, 2019 (available online).
3. AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Official Study Guide, Sybex 2017.
1. Cloud Computing Project Posters - group 1, group 2
2. Cloud Computing Review: Technology & Applications
A total of 1776 different hosts have accessed this document in the last 181 days; your host, ec2-18-207-133-27.compute-1.amazonaws.com, has accessed it 1 times.
If you're interested, complete statistics for this document are also available, including breakdowns by top-level domain, host name, and date.