What type of cheats are possible in proxy-based architecture with hybrid authority?
Cheating by Misplaced Trust
- Common cheats such as aimbot, wallhack etc. are possible.
- Player can move to an area with no other players and since now he has the authority, he can cheat (picking up multiple flags etc.) A counter-cheat would be to require his action to be verified by proxy.
- A player can launch DDoS attack against other proxies to slow down other players.
- Suppressed-update cheat (or suppress-correct cheat) is still possible.
- Note that look-ahead cheat and timestamp cheat do not apply here since we are not using peer-to-peer architecture.