Systems Support for
| PAPER REVIEWS
Paper reviews will contribute 20% towards you final grade.
For each of the given papers, write a 1 page review. You
review should summarize the paper and highlight the main contributions.
You should also comment/critize on the paper. The following list
of questions are given as a guideline to help you write your review.
- What are the problems the authors are trying to solve?
- What are the solutions being proposed by the authors?
- How are the solutions different from previously proposed solutions?
- How did the author evaluate their solutions?
- What are the drawbacks of the paper?
- What are the insights you learned from this paper that you
think can enhance the understanding of the problem/domain?
- What are the techniques presented in this paper that you think
can be useful for solving other problems?
- What do you like/dislike about this paper?
Only your 5 best reviews will contribute towards your grade.
Please use only the given LaTeX (recommended for research students) or
All reviews are due on the 18th Oct, 9:00am. You may submit your reviews earlier.
The papers listed here are also found on the class
schedule web page. They are denoted with a [review me!].
- S. Deering, D. Estrin, D. Farinacci, V. Jacobson, C-G Liu,
L Wei, "The
PIM architecture for wide-area multicast routing",
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 4(2) , April 1996, pg 153
- I. Busse, B. Deffner, and H. Schulzrinne, "Dynamic
QoS control of multimedia applications based on RTP,"
Computer Communications, Jan. 1996
- S. B. Moon, J. Kurose, and D. Towsley, "Packet
Audio Playout Delay Adjustment: Performance Bounds and Algorithms,"
ACM/Springer Multimedia Systems, vol. 6, pp. 17-28, January 1998.
- L. Wu, R. Sharma, and B. Smith,
"Thin Streams: An Architecture for Multicasting Layered Video," In Proceedings of NOSSDAV, St. Louis, Mo., 19--21
May 1997, pp. 173--182 [PDF]
N. Feamster, H. Balakrishnan, "Packet Loss Recovery for Streaming Video", in Proceedings of 12th International Packet Video Workshop, April 2002.
- M. Hofmann, E. Ng, K. Guo, S. Paul, and H. Zhang.
"Caching techniques for streaming multimedia over the internet,"
Technical Report BL011345-990409-04TM, Bell Laboratories, April 1999.
- R. Rejaie, H. Yu, M. Handley, and D. Estrin,
"Multimedia proxy caching mechanism for quality adaptive streaming applications in the internet,"
in Proc. of INFOCOM, Tel Aviv, Israel, Mar. 26--30, 2000
P. J. Shenoy and H. M. Vin,
"Cello: A disk scheduling framework for next generation operating systems,"
Technical Report, Department of Computer Sciences, Univ. of Texas at Austin, 1997
Web Site Design by OoiWT, done with Vim
and Macromedia Dreamweaver MX