Paper reviews will contribute 15% towards you final grade.
For each of the given papers, write a 1 page review. You review should summarize the paper and highlight the main contributions. You should also comment/critize on the paper. The following list of questions are given as a guideline to help you write your review.
- What are the problems the authors are trying to solve?
- What are the solutions being proposed by the authors?
- How are the solutions different from previously proposed solutions?
- How did the author evaluate their solutions?
- What are the drawbacks of the paper?
- What are the insights you learned from this paper that you think can enhance the understanding of the problem/domain?
- What are the techniques presented in this paper that you think can be useful for solving other problems?
- What do you like/dislike about this paper?
Only your 5 best reviews will contribute towards your grade.
Please use only the given LaTeX (recommended for research students) or Word template.
All reviews are due on the 18th Oct, 9:00am. You may submit your reviews earlier.
The papers listed here are also found on the class schedule web page. They are denoted with a [review me!].
- S. Deering, D. Estrin, D. Farinacci, V. Jacobson, C-G Liu, L Wei, "The PIM architecture for wide-area multicast routing", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 4(2) , April 1996, pg 153 -- 162.
- D. Sisalem and H. Schulzrinne. "The loss-delay based adjustment algorithm: A TCP-friendly adaptation scheme," Workshop on Network and Operating System Support for Digital Audio and Video, 1998.
- S. B. Moon, J. Kurose, and D. Towsley, "Packet Audio Playout Delay Adjustment: Performance Bounds and Algorithms," ACM/Springer Multimedia Systems, vol. 6, pp. 17-28, January 1998. [PDF]
- I. Rhee. "Error control techniques for interactive low-bit rate video transmission over the internet." Proceedings of SIGCOMM, 1998.
- L. Vicisano, L. Rizzo, and J. Crowcroft, "TCP-like congestion control for layered multicast data transfer ",, INFOCOM 1998.
- Y. Chae, K. Guo, M. Buddhikot, S. Suri and E. Zegura, "Silo, Rainbow, and Caching Token: Schemes for Scalable, Fault Tolerant Stream Caching", in Journal of Selected Areas in Communications.
- S. Banerjee, B. Bhattacharjee, and C. Kommareddy, "Scalable Application Layer Multicast," SIGCOMM 2002, Pittsburgh, PA, August 2002.
- Y. Chu, S. Rao and H. Zhang, "A Case For End System Multicast", SIGMETRICS 2000, Santa Clara,CA, June 2000, pp 1-12.