Welcome to Dr. Bingsheng He's Homepage
Chair of Joint Academic Committee, NUS Computer Engineering,
Assistant Dean (Graduate Studies), NUS School of Computing,
Department of Computer Science,
School of Computing,
National University of Singapore
Office: COM2 Building, #03-21, 15 Computing Drive, NUS, Singapore 117418 [map]
Ph.D. HKUST, 2008
Phone: (65) 6516 7998, Fax: (65) 6779 4580
We are hiring! Two postdocs, some RA positions and one IPP Ph.D. scholarship: see details.
Research and Publication
Teaching and Supervision
- We periodically update this survey on federated machine learning systems (Survey).
- Nov 2019: ThunderSVM and ThunderGBM has got 1.1K and almost 500 stars in GitHub.
We still have quite some issues to make the libraries more usable and functional. Please let me know if you want to join this journey.
- Nov 2019: one paper is accepted in CIDR 2020. Details:
Xinyu Chen*, Ronak Bajaj^, Yao Chen, Jiong He, Bingsheng He, Weng-Fai Wong and Deming Chen. Is FPGA useful for hash joins. CIDR 2020: Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research.
- Nov 2019: two papers are accepted in AAAI 2020.
- Qinbin Li*, Zeyi Wen^, Bingsheng He. Practical Federated Gradient Boosting Decision Trees. AAAI: Thirty-Fourth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-20) (1,591/7,737=20.6%).
- Qinbin Li*, Zhaomin Wu*, Zeyi Wen^, Bingsheng He. Privacy-Preserving Gradient Boosting Decision Trees. AAAI: Thirty-Fourth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-20) (1,591/7,737=20.6%).
- Oct 2019: two papers are accepted in IEEE TPDS.
- Qiumin Lu, Zheng Xiao, Jiacheng Ma, Yaozu Dong, Zhengwei Qi, Jianguo Yao, Bingsheng He, Haibing Guan. gMig: Efficient vGPU Live Migration with Overlapped Software-based Dirty Page Verification. TPDS: IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 2019
- Amelie Chi Zhou, Bingkun Shen, Yao Xiao, Shadi Ibrahim, Bingsheng He. Cost-Aware Partitioning for Efficient Large Graph Processing in Geo-Distributed Datacenters. TPDS: IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 2019.
- Oct 2019: Qinbin's undergraduate project has been published in IEEE TNNLS. Details:
Qinbin Li*, Zeyi Wen^, Bingsheng He. Adaptive Kernel Value Caching for SVM Training. IEEE TNNLS: IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems.
- Sept 2019: Xtra's member Mr. Shuhao Zhang has successfully done his Ph.D. defense. Congratulations, Dr. Zhang.
- Sept 2019: one paper is accepted in IEEE TKDE. Details:
Feng Zhang, Jidong Zhai, Bo Wu, Bingsheng He, Wenguang Chen, Xiaoyong Du. Automatic Irregularity-Aware Fine-Grained Workload Partitioning on Integrated Architectures. IEEE TKDE: IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 2019.
- August 2019: one paper is accepted in CIKM 2019. Details:
Xuntao Cheng*, Bingsheng He, Eric Lo, Wei Wang, Shengliang Lu*, Xinyu Chen*. Deploying Hash Tables on Die-Stacked High Bandwidth Memory. ACM CIKM: ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management 2019 (200/1030=20%).
- August 2019: one paper is accepted in SC 2019. Details:
Jin Zhao, Yu ZHang, Xiaofei Liao, Ligang He, Bingsheng He, Hai Jin, Haikun Liu, YiCheng Chen. GraphM: An Efficient Storage System for High Throughput of Concurrent Graph Processing. SC19: International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis 2019.
pdf. We also have a survey related to graph computation: Survey
- August 2019: Xtra's member Mr. Shuhao Zhang got Research Achievement Award of SoC, 2019.
- July 2019: I will co-chair ICDCS 2020 in Singapore.
- July 2019: Xtra's member Mr. Chengxi Xue got the 2nd place in KDD Cup 2019 AutoML Competition (out of 160+ teams).
- June 2019: one paper is accepted in FPL 2019. Details:
Xinyu Chen*, Ronak Bajaj^, Yao Chen, Jiong He, Bingsheng He, Weng-Fai Wong and Deming Chen. On-The-Fly Parallel Data Shuffling for Graph Processing on OpenCL based FPGA. FPL 2019: International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications (28/151).
- April 2019: I co-chair AIDB 2019: Applied AI for Database Systems and Applications, affiliated with VLDB 2019.
- Feb 2019: IEEE TPDS Awards for Editorial Excellence for IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), 2018/2019.
- Dec 2018: Editorial Excellence and Eminence (EEE) award for IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), 2018/2019.
- Nov 2018: one paper is accepted in ACM SIGMOD 2019. Details:
Shuhao Zhang*, Jiong He, Amelie Chi Zhou, Bingsheng He. BriskStream: Scaling Data Stream Processing on Shared-Memory Multicores. SIGMOD 2019: ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of data, 2019.
- Nov 2018: one paper is accepted in ASPLOS 2019. Details:
Yu Zhang, Xiaofei Liao, Hai Jin, Bingsheng He, Haikun Liu, Lin Gu. DiGraph: An Efficient Path-based Iterative Directed Graph Processing System on Multiple GPUs. ASPLOS 2019: The 24th ACM International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems.
Research and Publication
My publication list: Entry@DBLP
Our open-sourced systems can be found at Xtra group Github site.
Here are some examples of current projects:
This project researches the novel design and implementation of graph accelerators. Due to the complexity of graph processing, the performance and energy efficiency of graph accelerators have been an interesting research topic.
See our publications: Survey Novel conflict handling graph engine on FPGA
This project examines the design and implementation of machine learning systems under new environments, such as hardware accelerations and federated machine learning.
See our publications/systems: hardware accelerations (ThunderSVM and ThunderGBM), and federated machine learning systems (Survey).
More about my research... and my awards...
Acklowegement: the research has been supported by Singapore government agencies (such as MoE and NRF), NUS/NTU and various industry partners.
All Rights Reserved to Bingsheng He © 2019