Welcome to Min's page for his promotion and tenure case. I'm being
considered for tenure and promotion to associate professor. Much of
the evidence compiled in my tenure case available on my main web page,
but I have been asked to provide a exact replica of the tenure dossier
I'm keeping these files online here as a reference point for myself
and others as a point of evidence concerning the promotion and tenure
system at NUS. I hope these files aid you in your endeavors as
(Update: Sat May 16 17:01:21 SGT 2009) I was informed about a month
ago that my tenure case was successful. I will be a tenured associate
professor at NUS effective 1 July 2009, which makes my total tenure
application time around 10 months (from submission to promotion).
- Main Tenure Dossier:
- Supplemental Tenure Dossier:
- Supplemental Teaching Dossier
- Student Feedback and Detailed Module Folders
- Supplemental Research Dossier:
Listing of five most prominent / relevant publications.
- Min-Yen Kan (2007) SlideSeer: A Digital Library of Aligned
Document and Presentation Pairs, In
Proceedings of the Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL
'07). Vancouver, Canada, June, pp. 81-90.
[ .pdf ]
[ Slides (.htm) ]
- Hang Cui, Min-Yen Kan and Tat-Seng Chua (2007) Soft Pattern Matching Models for Definitional
Question Answering, ACM Transactions on Information Systems
(TOIS), 25(2), April.
[ doi:10.1145/12291799.1229182 ]
[ Local copy (.pdf) as allowed by ACM author self-archiving policy ]
- Min-Yen Kan (2004) Web Page Classification Without the Web
Page. In Proceedings of the 13th International World
Wide Web Conference (WWW2004), May 2004. New York, New York,
USA. Poster Paper.
[ .pdf ] [ MeURLin demo ] [ Poster (.png) ]
- Wang Ye, Min-Yen Kan, Tin Lay Nwe, Arun Shenoy and Jun Yin
(2004) LyricAlly: Automatic Synchronization of Acoustic
Musical Signals and Textual Lyrics. In Proceedings of ACM Multimedia
2004 (MM '04), New York, USA, 10-16 October. pp. 212-219.
Winner of best student paper award.
[ .pdf (preprint) ]
[ Slides (.htm) ]
- Judith L. Klavans and Min-Yen Kan (1998)
Role of Verbs in Document Analysis. In
Proceedings of COLING/ACL 98, Montréal, Québec,
Canada: Aug. 1998. pp. 680-686. (Posted to cmp-lg
[ Postscript, GZIPped ] [ .pdf ]