BComp(1st Class Hons, NUS), PhD (NUS)
Department of Information Systems and Analytics
National University of Singapore
Office : COM2-02-04
Phone : (+65) 6601 1049
Fax : (+65) 6779 4580
Email : email@example.com
Lek Hsiang Hui is a Lecturer at the Department of Information Systems and Analytics at National University of SIngapore (NUS). He graduated with Bachelor of Computing (Honours) in Computer Engineering and PhD in Information Systems from National University of Singapore. He currently teaches undergraduate courses in Enterprise Systems Design and Development courses. He also conducts executive training in Healthcare Analytics at the Centre of Health Informatics (CHI).
He has won the University level Annual Teaching Excellence Award for AY 2015/16. In addition, he has also won the Faculty Teaching Excellence Award for AY2014/15 and AY2015/16.
He currently serves as one of the department's curriculum commitee members which look into the curriculum planning. He is also one of the faculty advisors for the NUS BiZiT Society, a student-initiated society that aims to promote visibility for the business IT industry.
- Sentiment Analysis
- Natural Language Processing
- Education Technology
- Software Engineering
- Data Mining
- Business Analytics
- IT1001: Introduction to Computing
- BT2101: IT and Decision Making
- IS2102: Requirements Analysis and Design / Enterprise Systems Architecture and Design
- IS3102: Enterprise Systems Development Project
- IS3106: Enterprise Systems Interface Design and Development
- IS4103: Information SystemsCapstone Project
- IS4240: Business Intelligence Systems
- Lek, H. H., & Poo, D. C. C. (2014). Automatic Generation of an Aspect and Domain Sensitive Sentiment Lexicon. International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools, 23(4). http://doi.org/10.1142/S0218213014600197
- Lek, H. H., & Poo, D. C. C. (2013). Aspect-Based Twitter Sentiment Classification. In Proceedings of the IEEE 25th International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, ICTAI 2013, November 4-6, 2013 (pp. 366–373). http://doi.org/10.1109/ICTAI.2013.62
- Lek, H. H., & Poo, D. C. C. (2012). Aspect-based Product Review Summarizer. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Ontology Development, KEOD 2012, October 4-7, 2012. (pp. 290–295).
- Lek, H. H., & Poo, D. C. C. (2012). Sentix: An Aspect and Domain Sensitive Sentiment Lexicon. In Proceedings of the IEEE 24th International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, ICTAI 2012, November 7-9, 2012 (pp. 261–268). http://doi.org/10.1109/ICTAI.2012.43
- Lek, H. H., & Poo, D. C. C. (2011). An Experimental Study to Investigate the Use of Additional Classifiers to Improve Information Extraction Accuracy. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications, ICMLA 2011, December 18-21, 2011 (pp. 412–415). http://doi.org/10.1109/ICMLA.2011.31
- Lek, H. H., & Poo, D. C. C. (2011). Knowledge Community - Moving Beyond Conventional Learning Management Systems. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Computer Supported Education, CSEDU 2011, May 6-8, 2011 (pp. 173–178).
- Poo, D. C. C., Lek, H. H., & Agarwal, N. K. (2010). Collaborative Learning in a Knowledge Community. In Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Computer Science Education: Innovation & Technology, CSEIT 2010. http://doi.org/10.5176/978-981-08-7466-7_itcse-37
- Lek, H. H., Poo, D. C. C., & Agarwal, N. K. (2009). Knowledge Community (K- Comm): Towards a digital ecosystem with collective intelligence. In Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Technologies (pp. 211–216). http://doi.org/10.1109/DEST.2009.5276690