Abhik ROYCHOUDHURYProvost's Chair Professor
Lead Principal Investigator, Trustworthy Systems from Un-trusted component Amalgamations (TSUNAMi)
Director, Singapore Cybersecurity Consortium (SGCSC)
Ph.D. (Computer Science, Stony Brook University, 2000)
M.S. (Computer Science, Stony Brook University, 1997)
B.E. (Computer Science & Engineering, Jadavpur University, 1995)
- Programming Languages & Software Engineering
- Program Analysis
- Trustworthy Software Systems
- Real-time and Embedded Software
Abhik Roychoudhury is a Professor of Computer Science at National University of Singapore. His research focuses on software testing and analysis, trust-worthy software construction and software security. He has been an ACM Distinguished Speaker (2013-19). He is the Director of the National Satellite of Excellence in Trustworthy Software Systems in Singapore. He has been the Academic Director and Lead Principal Investigator of the Singapore Cyber-security Consortium (2016-22), helping set it up in 2016. His research has been funded by various agencies and companies, including the National Research Foundation (NRF), Ministry of Education (MoE), A*STAR, Defense Research and Technology Office (DRTech), DSO National Laboratories, Microsoft and IBM. He has authored a book on "Embedded Systems and Software Validation" published by Elsevier (Morgan Kaufmann) Systems-on-Silicon series in 2009, which has also been officially translated to Chinese by Tsinghua University Press. He has served in various capacities in the program committees and organizing committees of various conferences on software engineering, specifically serving as Program Chair of ACM International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA) 2016 and General Chair of ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE) 2022. He has served as an Editorial Board member of IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE) from 2014-18. Abhik received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the State University of New York at Stony Brook in 2000.
- Trustworthy systems from un-trusted component amalgamations, funded by NRF, 2015-20.
- National Satellite of Excellence in Trustworthy Software Systems, funded by NRF, 2019-23.
- Automated Program Repair
- Binary Analysis and Vulnberabilty Detection
SemFix: Program Repair via Semantic Analysis ( pdf )
Hoang D.T. Nguyen, Dawei Qi, Abhik Roychoudhury, Satish Chandra
ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2013.
Angelix: Scalable Multiline Program Patch Synthesis via Symbolic Analysis ( pdf )
Sergey Mechtaev, Jooyong Yi, Abhik Roychoudhury
ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2016.
Coverage-based Greybox Fuzzing as Markov Chain ( PDF )
Marcel Böhme, Van Thuan Pham, Abhik Roychoudhury
23rd ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS) 2016.
Chronos: A Timing Analyzer for Embedded Software
Xianfeng Li, Yun Liang, Tulika Mitra and Abhik Roychoudhury
Science of Computer Programming, Volume 69, December 2007.
Awards & Honours
- Keynote speaker MobileSoft2017, IEEE ISORC 2018, ...
- ACM Distinguished Speaker (2013 - 19).
- ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award (from SIGSOFT FSE 2009).
- IBM Faculty Award 2009.
- Distinguished Reviewer Award from 33rd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2018).
- CS4211: Formal Methods for Software Engineering
- CS6217: Topics in Prog. Languages & Software Engineering