Cristina CARBUNARUSenior Lecturer
Ph.D. (Computer Science, National University of Singapore)
B.Eng. (Computer Engineering, "Politehnica" University of Bucharest)
- Authentic Learning and Automatic Assessment in Education
- Methods and Tools for Education
- Analytic Modeling and Performance Analysis for Distributed Systems
Cristina is a lecturer at the National University of Singapore. Her teaching experience includes courses on Software Engineering (Introduction, Project development, Testing), Computer Networks, Parallel Computing, and Performance Analysis. Cristina received her PhD in Computer Science in 2013 from National University of Singapore where she worked under the supervision of Associate Professor Yong Meng Teo. Her research interests include analytic modeling and performance analysis for distributed systems.
- NUSCollab: Tools for online collaboration
Cristina Carbunaru, Ben Leong, Yong Meng Teo, Tracey Ho. Modeling Flash Crowd Performance in Peer-to-peer File Distribution. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), volume 25, issue 10, pages 2617-2626, 2014.
Cristina Carbunaru and Yong Meng Teo, Analysis of Server Distribution Policies in Peer-assisted File Distribution with Flash Crowds, Proceedings of the 14th Asia Simulation Conference on Modeling and Simulation (AsiaSim), pages 48-61, 2014.
Cristina Carbunaru, Yong Meng Teo, Ben Leong. A Performance Study of Peer-assisted File Distribution with Heterogeneous Swarms. Proceedings of the 36th IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), pages 341-349, 2011.
Awards & Honours
- Singapore Ministry of Education Graduate Studies Award (2008-2014)
- Special Merit Fellowship - “Politehnica” University of Bucharest (2002-2007)
- PI4218: Preparation for CS4218
- PI3210: Preparation for CS3210
- PI3211: Preparation for CS3211
- CS2106: Introduction to Operating Systems
- CS3210: Parallel Computing
- CS4218: Software Testing