LEE Gim HeeAssistant Professor
- Dr.sc. (Computer Science, ETH Zurich)
- M.Eng. (Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore)
- B.Eng. (Mechanical Engineering, 1st Class Honors, National University of Singapore)
I am currently an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science, National University of Singapore (NUS), where I head the Computer Vision and Robotic Perception (CVRP) Laboratory. I was a researcher at Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories (MERL), USA from June 2014 to July 2015. Prior to MERL, I did my PhD in Computer Science at ETH Zurich from January 2009 to March 2014 under the supervision of Prof. Marc Pollefeys. I received my B.Eng with first class honors and M.Eng degrees from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, NUS in June 2005 and February 2008 respectively. I worked at DSO National Laboratories in Singapore as a Member of Technical Staff from August 2007 to December 2008.
- Computer Vision
- Robotic Perception
- Machine Learning
- Xun Xu, Gim Hee Lee,Weakly Supervised Semantic Point Cloud Segmentation: Towards 10x Fewer Labels, CVPR 2020.
- Zi Jian Yew, Gim Hee Lee, "RPM-Net: Robust Point Matching using Learned Features", CVPR2020.
- Na Zhao, Tat-Seng Chua, Gim Hee Lee,SESS: Self-Ensembling Semi-Supervised 3D Object Detection, CVPR 2020.
- Jiaxin Li, Gim Hee Lee, "USIP: Unsupervised stable interest point detection from 3d point clouds”, ICCV 2019.
- Yew Siang Tang, Gim Hee Lee, "Transferable semi-supervised 3d object detection from RGB-D Data”, ICCV 2019.
- Chen Li, Gim Hee Lee, "Generating Multiple Hypotheses for 3D Human Pose Estimation with Mixture Density Network", CVPR 2019.
- Ziquan Lan, Zi Jian Yew, Gim Hee Lee, "Robust Point Cloud Based Reconstruction of Large-Scale Outdoor Scenes", CVPR 2019.
- Zi Jian Yew, Gim Hee Lee, "3DFeat-Net: Weakly Supervised Local 3D Features for Point Cloud Registration", ECCV 2018.
- Sixing Hu, Mengdan Feng, Rang M. H. Nguyen, Gim Hee Lee, "CVM-Net: Cross-View Matching Network for Image-Based Ground-to-Aerial Geo-Localization", CVPR 2018.
- Gim Hee Lee, "Line Association and Vanishing Point Estimation with Binary Quadratic Programming", 3DV 2017
- Gim Hee Lee, "A Minimal Solution for Non-Perspective Pose Estimation from Line Correspondences", ECCV 2016
AWARDS & HONOURS
Faculty Teaching Excellence Award AY 2018/19
Faculty Teaching Excellence Award AY 2017/18
CVPR 2014 Doctoral Consortium Travel Award
Finalist for the IROS 2012 Best Paper Award
Finalist for the IROS 2012 Best Video Award