OOI Wei TsangAssociate Professor
- Ph.D. (Computer Science, Cornell University, 2001)
- B.Sc. (Computer & Information Sciences, National University of Singapore, 1996)
Wei Tsang’s received his B. Sc. (Hon.) degree from the Department of Information Systems and Computer Science (now School of Computing), NUS in 1996, and his Ph. D. in Computer Science from Cornell University, Ithaca, NY in 2001. He spent a year as postdoc at Berkeley Multimedia Research Center in U.C. Berkeley after his Ph. D. before returning as a faculty member to NUS. Wei Tsang’s research interests fall under the general area of interactive and networked multimedia applications. His current research focuses on volumetric video streaming, networked virtual environments, and cloud gaming systems. He is also keen in building multimedia systems that contributes towards better wellness and healthcare for all.
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Multimedia Systems
Multimedia Middleware and Applications
Interactive Video Streaming
Networked Virtual Environments
- Praveen Kumar Yadav, Arash Shafiei, and Wei Tsang Ooi. 2017. QUETRA: A Queuing Theory Approach to DASH Rate Adaptation. In Proceedings of the 25th ACM international conference on Multimedia (MM '17). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 1130–1138.
- Shanghong Zhao, Wei Tsang Ooi, Axel Carlier, Géraldine Morin, Vincent Charvillat:Bandwidth adaptation for 3D mesh preview streaming. TOMCCAP 101s: 13:1-13:20 2014
- Zhen Wei Zhao, Sameer Samarth, Wei Tsang Ooi:Modeling the effect of user interactions on mesh-based P2P VoD streaming systems. TOMCCAP 92: 13:1-13:22 2013
- Mukesh Kumar Saini, Raghudeep Gadde, Shuicheng Yan, Wei Tsang Ooi:MoViMash: online mobile video mashup. ACM Multimedia 2012: 139-148
- Praveen Kumar Yadav and Wei Tsang Ooi. 2020. Tile Rate Allocation for 360-Degree Tiled Adaptive Video Streaming. In Proceedings of the 28th ACM International Conference on Multimedia (MM '20). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 3724–3733.
- Praveen Kumar Yadav, Abdelhak Bentaleb, May Lim, Junyi Huang, Wei Tsang Ooi, and Roger Zimmermann. 2021. Playing chunk-transferred DASH segments at low latency with QLive. In Proceedings of the 12th ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys '21). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 51–64.
AWARDS & HONOURS
School of Computing Teaching Excellence Award, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2008, 2006
National University of Singapore Annual Teaching Excellence Award 2008
Best Demo, ACM Multimedia 2013
ACM TOMCCAP Nicolas D. Georganas Best Paper Award 2011
Best Paper, ACM Multimedia 2008