Ph.D. (National University of Singapore, Singapore)
M.Sc. (Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand)
B.Sc. (Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand)
Research Sub Areas
- Embedded Systems
- Gait Analysis
Boyd Anderson is a Lecturer in the Department of Computer Science at the School of Computing at the National University of Singapore (NUS). He received his PhD from the NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering in association with School of Computing in 2019. He received a Masters and Postgraduate Diploma of Science in Statistics and Operations Research, a Graduate Diploma of Science in Computer Science and a Bachelors of Science in Physics from Victoria University of Wellington. His research interests are in the fields of Embedded Systems, Body Sensor Networks, and the Internet of Things. His doctorate research focused on human gait measurement and analysis using Ultra Wideband sensor systems.
- Boyd Anderson, Mingqian Shi, Vincent Y. F. Tan, and Ye Wang. Mobile Gait Analysis Using Foot-Mounted UWB Sensors. Proc. ACM Interact. Mob. Wearable Ubiquitous Technol., 33:73:1–73:22, September 2019.
- Boyd Anderson, Shenggao Zhu, Ke Yang, Jian Wang, Hugh Anderson, Chao Xu Tay, Vincent Y. F. Tan, and Ye Wang. MANA: Designing and Validating a User-Centered Mobility Analysis System. In Proceedings of the 20th International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility, ASSETS ’18, pages 321–332, New York, NY, USA, 2018. ACM.
- Boyd Anderson, Stefanka Chukova, and Yuichi Hirose. Using Copulas to Model and Simulate Two-dimensional Warranty Data. Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 333:595–605, 2017.
Awards & Honours
- CS3237: Introduction to Internet of Things
- CS1101S: Programming Methodology
- CG1112: Engineering Principles and Practice II
- CS2030S: Programming Methodology II