HUANG ZhiyongAssociate Professor (Practice)
Co-Director, NUS Business Analytics Centre (BAC)
Director, Computing Translational Research & Development (C-TReND) Centre
Assistant Dean, Industry Relations
Deputy Director, NUS Business Analytics Centre (BAC)
Ph.D. (Computer Science, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, 1997)
M.Eng. (Computer Engineering, Tsinghua University, 1988)
B.Eng. (Computer Engineering, Tsinghua University, 1986)
- Computer Graphics and Multimedia
- Human Computer/Robot Interface
- Data Analytics and Machine Learning
Zhiyong is Associate Professor (Practice), Assistant Dean (Industry Relations), Director (C-TReND) and Deputy Director (NUS BAC). He teaches modules in 3D modeling and animation and programming methodology. He had been working as a Senior Scientist in Institute for Infocomm Research, A*STAR since 2007, where he had served various roles including Senior Manager, Strategic Capability Development and Industry Development, Co-Principal Investigator, SERC Industrial Robotics Programme, Department Head, Computer Graphics and Interface, and Programme Manager of SERC Human Factor Engineering. Zhiyong is a Senior Member of ACM and IEEE, and a Pioneer Member of ACM SIGGRAPH and Chair of Singapore ACM SIGGRAPH Chapter.
- Development of a knowledge and data-driven satellite DEM improvement technique, AISG, 2020-2021
- Capsule Endoscopy SI-Aided Diagnosis, AISG, 2020-2021
- AI-based Automatic Classification of Crowd-sourced Images, DGU, 2019-2021
- Super resolution of images, Smiths Detection, 2020-2021
- A Blockchain-based Asset Tracking and Rights Management System for Additive Manufacturing Production Workflow, NAMIC, 2018-2019
- Deep Learning for Recommender Systems, AISG, 2018-2019
Li R., Huang Z., Kurniawan E., Ho C. K., AuRoSS: an Autonomous Robotic Shelf Scanning System, Regular Paper, IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2015.
Tee K. P., Yan R., Chua Y.W., Huang Z., and Liemhetcharat S., Gesture-Based Attention Direction for a Telepresence Robot: Design and Experimental Study, IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2014.
Gao M.C., Thanh T C., Nanjappa A., Tan S T., Huang Z.: gHull: A GPU algorithm for 3D convex hull. ACM Trans. Math. Softw. 40(1): 3 (2013).
Gupta R., Chia A. Y. S. Rajan D., Ng E.S., Huang Z., Image Colorization Using Similar Images, 20th ACM international conference on Multimedia, ACM Mulmedia 2012, pp. 369-378.
Huang Z., Jensen C. S., Lu H., and Ooi B. C., Skyline queries against mobile lightweight devices in MANETs, The 22nd International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2006):66.
Zhang H., Huang W., Huang Z., Li L., Affine Object Tracking with Kernel-based Spatial-Color Representation , IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2005), I, pp. 293-300.
Shou L., Huang Z., Tan K.-L., The Hierarchical Degree-of-Visibility Tree , IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE CS, Vol. 16, No. 11, Nov. 2004, pp. 1357-1369.
Li X., Woon T. W., Tan T. S., and Huang Z., Decomposing Polygon Meshes for Interactive Applications. ACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games (i3D), 2013, pp.35-42, pp. 243.
Awards & Honours
- FINALIST of World Technology Summit & Awards (Entertainment), 2010.
- Bronze, National Science and Technology Progress Award, 1992.
- Tsinghua 12.9 Distinguished Young Teacher Award, 1989.
- CS3242: 3D Modelling and Animation
- BT2101: Decision Making Methods and Tools