Roland YAPAssociate Professor
Ph.D. (Computer Science, Monash University, Australia)
M.Sc. (Computer Science, Monash University, Australia)
B.Sc. (Computer Science, Honours, Monash University, Australia)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Programming Languages & Software Engineering
- Algorithms & Theory
- Programming Languages
- Social Networks
- Big Data
Roland Yap obtained his Phd from Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. He is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science, School of Computing, National University of Singapore (NUS). He has also served an assistant director at The Logistics Institute Asia Pacific (TLI-AP) at NUS. He is well known for pioneering research in CLP(R) and the CLP(R) system which has been influential in the development of the field of Constraint Programming (CP). His current research interests are in the area of artificial intelligence, constraints, data analytics, programming languages, security and social networks.
- Constraint Consistency Algorithms and Higher Order Consistencies
- Hardening of C/C++ programs (detecting memory and type errors)
- Analysing Computer Science Publications and Research
W. Xia, R.H.C. Yap:
Learning Robust Search Strategies Using a Bandit-Based Approach, In AAAI, 2018
G.J. Duck, R.H.C. Yap, L. Cavallaro: Stack Bounds
Protection with Low Fat Pointers.
In NDSS: Network & Distributed System Security Symp., 2017
S. Effendy, R.H.C. Yap:
The Strong Link Graph for Enhancing Sybil Defenses.
In ICDCS: IEEE Intl. Conf. on Distributed Computing Systems, 2017
R. Wang, W. Xia, R.H.C. Yap, Z. Li:
Optimizing Simple Tabular Reduction with a Bitwise Representation.
In IJCAI: Intl. Joint Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, 2016
F. Halim, S. Idreos, P. Karras, R.H.C. Yap:
Stochastic Database Cracking: Towards Robust Adaptive Indexing in Main-Memory Column-Stores.
In PVLDB: Proc. of the VLDB, 5(6), 2012
F. Halim, R.H.C. Yap, Y. Wu:
A MapReduce-Based Maximum-Flow Algorithm for Large Small-World Network Graphs,
ICDCS: Intl. Conf. on Distributed Computing Systems, 2011
C. Bessiere, J.-C. Regin, R.H.C. Yap, Y. Zhang:
An optimal coarse-grained arc consistency algorithm.
In Artificial Intelligence, 165(2), 2005
F. Zeng, R.H.C. Yap and L. Wong,
Using Feature Generation and Feature Selection for Accurate Prediction of Translation Initiation Sites,
In Genome Informatics 2002, 13, 2002
J. Jaffar, S. Michaylov, P.J. Stuckey, R.H.C. Yap:
The CLP(R) Language and System.
In TOPLAS: ACM Trans. on Programming Languages and Systems, 14(3), 1992
Awards & Honours
- Best student paper: S. Effendy, F. Halim and R.H.C. Yap, Partial Social Network Disclosure and Crawlers, Intl. Conf. on Social Computing and its Applications (SCA), 2011
- Best student runner up paper: F. Halim, P. Karras and R.H.C. Yap, Fast and effective histogram construction, CIKM: ACM Conf. on Information and Knowledge Management, 2009
- Best 1995 Australian Computer Science Ph.D. Prize, 1996
- Praxa Computer Prize for achievements in theoretical aspects of computing, 1985
- CS4239: Software Security
- CS4238: Computer Security Practice
- CS5439: Software Security