Computing 1, 13 Computing Drive
National University of Singapore
I will be teaching CS 3245 Information
Retrieval for Semester II for the 2012/2013 academic year.
Past introductory level course materials can be found in IVLE. For
such courses, I do not maintain a separate web page.
While at SoC, I have taught:
- CS 1101Z Programming Methodology (Semester I, 2007/2008, student feedback on me and on the module).
- CS 1102 Data Structures and Algorithms
- Semester II (2008/2009), student feedback on me and on the module (X version, Y version).
- Semester II (2002/2003), student feedback on me and on the module.
- CS 3243 Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (previously known as Foundations of Artificial Intelligence) in:
Check out photos from the robotics project of the course. I and Dr. Terence Sim introduced the use of the Mindstorms kits to SoC students during the 2003/2004 semester.
- CS 3243 Information Retrieval in:
- CS 4249 Phenomena and Theories of Human-Computer Interaction in:
- CS 5246 Text Processing on the Web in:
- CS 6210 Special Topics in Computer Science: Digital Libraries (Semester I, 2003/2004, student feedback on me and on the module)
- CS 6242 Digital Libraries (previously CS 5244 Digital Libraries) in:
Check out the student projects in 2005 and in 2004 from the courses.
I have taught a three day practical natural language processing course, geared towards industry participants. The slides and materials are open for others to use and learn from as needed.
I have also taught CSW 3131 Y (Data Structures and Algorithms) in the Spring of 1999 at Columbia University, while I was a graduate student.
Doing research? Read my notes on thesis proposals and FYP/UROP projects.