Angela YAOAssistant Professor
Ph.D. (ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 2012)
M.Sc. (ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 2008)
B.A.Sc. (Engineering Science, University of Toronto, Canada, 2006)
- Artificial Intelligence
Research Sub Areas
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
I am an Assistant Professor in Computer Science at the School of Computing since 2018, where I lead the Computer Vision and Machine Learning group. My students and I develop algorithms for automated interpretation of images and video. We work on topics ranging from segmentation, pose estimation, to video understanding. Before coming to NUS, I was a junior professor at the University of Bonn, Germany. I received my PhD in 2012 from ETH Zurich.
- Zero-Shot Anticipation for Instructional Activities.F. Senerand A. Yao. ICCV 2019.
- Aligning Latent Spaces for 3D Hand PoseEstimation.L. Yang,S. Li, D. Lee, andA. Yao. ICCV 2019.
- Self-supervised 3D hand pose estimation through training by fitting. C. Wan, T. Probst, L. Van Gool andA. Yao. CVPR 2019.
- Content-aware multi-level guidance for interactive instance segmentation.S. Majumder, A.Yao. CVPR 2019.
- Gated Complex Recurrent Neural Networks.M Wolter, A Yao. NeurIPS 2018.
Awards & Honours
- NRF Fellowship for Artificial Intelligence, 2019
- German Pattern Recognition (DAGM) Award, 2018.
- CS4243: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition