XIAO XiaokuiAssociate Professor
Ph.D. (Computer Science, Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2008)
M.Sc. (Computer Science, South China University of Technology, 2004)
B.Sc. (Computer Science, South China University of Technology, 2001)
- Algorithms & Theory
- Data Management
- Data Analytics
- Data Privacy
- Algorithms for large data, data privacy, and data analytics
Xiaokui Xiao is an associate professor at the School of Computing (SoC), National University of Singapore (NUS). Prior to joining NUS, he was an associate professor at the School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. He obtained a PhD in Computer Science from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2008, and did a postdoctoral stint at the Department of Computer Science, Cornell University. Xiaokui’s research focuses on data management and analytics, especially on algorithms for large data, data privacy, and data mining. He has published extensively in the leading data management conference and journals, and is serving as associate editors for the International Journal on Very Large Data Bases (VLDBJ) and the IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE). Two of his papers were invited to the TKDE special issues on “The Best Papers of ICDE 2010” and “The Best Papers of ICDE 2015”, respectively.
- Efficient algorithms for large graphs
- Data collection, publication, and analysis with differential privacy
S. Wang, R. Yang, X. Xiao, Z. Wei, Y. Yang:
FORA: Simple and Effective Approximate Single-Source Personalized PageRank.
KDD 2017: 505-514.
B. Tian, X. Xiao:
SLING: A Near-Optimal Index Structure for SimRank.
SIGMOD 2016: 1859-1874.
Y. Tang, X. Xiao, Y. Shi:
Influence maximization: near-optimal time complexity meets practical efficiency.
SIGMOD 2014: 75-86.
J. Zhang, G. Cormode, C. M. Procopiuc, D. Srivastava, X. Xiao:
PrivBayes: private data release via bayesian networks.
SIGMOD 2014: 1423-1434.
X. Xiao, G. Wang, J. Gehrke:
Differential Privacy via Wavelet Transforms.
TKDE 23(8): 1200-1214 (2011), Special Issue on the Best Papers of ICDE 2010.
Awards & Honours
- Nanyang Education Award (School) conferred by the Nanyang Technological University, 2017.
- Invited Submission to the TKDE Special Issue on the Best Papers of ICDE 2015.
- First place in the ACM SIGSPATIAL CUP 2012.
- Most Popular Lecturer Award conferred by the School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 2011.
- Invited Submission to the TKDE Special Issue on the Best Papers of ICDE 2010.
- Nanyang Assistant Professorship (NAP) conferred by the Nanyang Technological University, 2010.
- Young Scientist Award in Physical/Mathematical Science conferred by the Hong Kong Institution of Science, 2009.
- ACM-HK Prof. Francis Chin Research Award conferred by the ACM Hong Kong Chapter, 2009.
- Outstanding Thesis Award conferred by the Faculty of Engineering, Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2009.
- CS5322: Database Security
- CS2102: Database Systems