TAN Chuan HooAssociate Professor
Deputy Head, Department Of Information Systems and Analytics
NUS Advanced Computing for Executives Instructor (https://ace.nus.edu.sg/about-us/instructors/tan-chuan-hoo/)
NUS ALSET Affiliated Faculty [https://nus.edu.sg/alset/researchers/)
- Ph.D. (National University of Singapore)
- M.Sc. (Accelerated, National University of Singapore)
- B.Sc. (1st Class Honours, National University of Singapore)
Chuan Hoo (CH) is Associate Professor (tenured) and Deputy Head (Administration and Research) in the Department of Information Systems and Analytics, School of Computing at the National University of Singapore (NUS). He is the curriculum chair for the department. Prior to joining NUS, he held a tenured faculty position in Hong Kong. Chuan Hoo conducts research in the area of the digital economy, digitalization and future of work with a range of organisations and institutions. His work has appeared in premium journals such as MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of AIS, ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Journal of American Society for Information Science and Technology, Long Range Planning among many others. He has authored over 100 peer-reviewed papers (http://goo.gl/gZcd47). He serves or has served on the editorial boards of leading journals including MIS Quarterly (Associate Editor), Journal of AIS (editorial board member), IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management (editorial board members), among others. Chuan Hoo is the recipient of the INFORMS ISS Design Science Award (2013), MIS Quarterly outstanding associate editor award (2016), Journal of AIS best reviewer award (2016), and NUS School of Computing faculty teaching excellence award (2017).
Data Science & Business Analytics
Digital Transformation, Platforms & Innovation
Computational Social Science
Digital Economy (electronic commerce, sharing economy, technology-aided online shopping)
Future of work (open source software development, open innovation)
Digitalization (enterprise IT implementation and usage)
- Ke, W.L., Kang, L.L., Tan, C.H., Peng, C.H., "User Competence with Enterprise Systems: The Effects of Work Environment Factors,"Information Systems Research, 2021, in-press.
- Kang, L.L., Tan, C.H., Zhao, L., “Do Cognitive and Affective Expressions Matter in Purchase Conversion? A Live Chat Perspective," Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, Volume 71, Number 4,2020, 436-449.
- Jiang, Q.Q., Tan, C.H., Sia, C.L., and Wei, K.K., “Followership in an Open-source Software Project and Its Significance in Code Reuse,” MIS Quarterly, Volume 43, Issue 4, 2019,,1303-1319.
- Purao, S., Bolloju, N., and Tan, C. H., "A Modeling Language for Conceptual Design of Systems Integration Solutions," ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, Volume 9, Issue 2, September 2018, Article No. 8.
- Huang, L.Q., Tan, C.H., Ke, W.L., and Wei, K.K., "Helpfulness of Online Review Content: The Moderating Effects of Temporal and Social Cues," Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Volume 19, Issue 6, 2018, Article 3.
- Tong, Y. Tan, C. H., and Teo, H. H., “Direct and Indirect Information System Use: A Multi-Method Exploration of Social Power Antecedents in Healthcare,” Information Systems Research, Volume 28, Issue 4, December 2017, 690-710.
- Li, M., Tan, C.H., Wei, K.K., and Wang, K.L. “Sequentiality of Product Review Information Provision: An Information Foraging Perspective,” MIS Quarterly, Volume 41, Issue 3, September 2017, 867-892.
- Goh, K. Y., Tan, C. H., Teo, H. H., “Stated Choice Analysis of Conditional Purchase and Information Cue Effects in Online Group Purchase,”Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Volume 16, Issue 9, September 2015, Article 9.
- Tan, C. H., Sutanto, J., Phang, C. W., and Gasimov, A., “Using Personal Communication Technologies for Commercial Communications: A Cross?Country Investigation of Email and SMS,”Information Systems Research, Volume 25, No. 2, June 2014, 307-327.
- Li, M. X., Jiang, Q. Q., Tan, C. H., and Wei, K. K., “Enhancing User-Game Engagement through Software Gaming Elements,”Journal of Management Information Systems, Volume 30, No. 4, Spring 2014, 115-150.
- Huang, L. Q., Tan, C. H., Ke, W. L, and Wei, K. K., “Comprehension and Assessment of Product Reviews: A Review-Product Congruity Proposition,”Journal of Management Information Systems, Volume 30, Issue 3, winter 2014, 311-343.
- Sutanto, J., Palme, E., Tan, C. H., and Phang, C. W., “Addressing the Personalization-Privacy Paradox: An Empirical Assessment from a Field Experiment on Smartphone Users,”MIS Quarterly, Volume 37, Issue 4, December 2013, 1141-1164.
- Ke, W. L., Tan, C. H., Sia, C. L., Wei, K. K., “Inducing Intrinsic Motivation to Explore the Enterprise System: The Supremacy of Organizational Levers,”Journal of Management Information Systems, Volume 29, Number 3, Winter 2013, 257-290.
- Sutanto, J., Tan, C. H., Battistini, B. and Phang, C. W., “Emergent Leadership in Virtual Collaboration Settings: A Social Network Analysis Approach,”Long Range Planning, Volume 44, Issues 5-6, October-December 2011, 421-439.
- Tan, C. H., Teo, H. H., Benbasat, I., "Assessing Screening and Evaluation Decision Support Systems: A Resource-Matching Approach,"Information Systems Research, Volume 21, Issue 2, June 2010, 305-326.
- Google Scholar Citations
AWARDS & HONOURS