TEO Hock HaiProvost's Chair Professor
- Ph.D. (Information Systems, National University of Singapore)
- M.Sc. (Computer & Information Sciences, National University of Singapore)
- B.Sc. (Computer & Information Sciences, Honours, National University of Singapore)
Hock-Hai Teo is Provost's Chair Professor of Information Systems. He served as the Head of the Department of Information Systems at the School of Computing, National University of Singapore from August 2008 to June 2015 and as Vice-Dean, Corporate Communications from August 2007 to August 2008. His current research interests focus mainly on Health Informatics, open innovation, and IT artifacts that are geared towards improving individual decision-making, health outcomes and educational outcomes. Dr. Teo has published broadly in journals such as the ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interactions, MIS Quarterly, Journal of Management Information Systems,Information Systems Research, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management,International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, and Information and Management and has presented at numerous international conferences,including the International Conference on Information Systems. He is currently serving or has served on the editorial boards of Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, European Journal of Information Systems, International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Information Systems Research, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management and MIS Quarterly. He has won numerous best paper award at conferences and was also the winner of the MIS Quarterly Reviewer of the Year (2004) award.
IT Artifacts and Information Processing
Information Technology Adoption
Design and Implementation of IT artifacts
- Lin, J, Wei, K.K, Teo, H.H, and Chan, H.C. “Comparing Competing Systems: An Extension of Information Systems Continuance Model,” 2016, Conditionally Accepted,MIS Quarterly.
- Tong. Y, Tan, C.H., and Teo, H.H. “Direct and Indirect Information System Use: A Multi-Method Exploration of Social Power Antecedents in Healthcare,” 2016, Conditionally Accepted,Information Systems Research.
- Kankanhalli, A., Ye, H., and Teo, H. H. "Comparing Potential and Actual Innovators: An Empirical Study of Mobile Data Services Innovation", Volume 39, No. 3, 2015,MIS Quarterly, pp. 667-682
- Tong. Y., Tan, S.S.L. and Teo, H.H., “The Road to Early Success: Impact of System Use in the Swift Response Phase,” Volume 26, No. 2, 2015,Information Systems Research, pp. 418-436 Meritorious Mention Award 2016 by Association of Information Systems SIG-Health
- Wei, K.K., Teo, H.H., Chan, H.C. and Tan, B.C.Y. "Conceptualizing and Testing a Social Cognitive Model of Digital Divide," Volume 22, Number 1, 2011,Information Systems Research, pp.170-187.
- Xu, H., Teo, H. H., Tan, B.C.Y., and Agarwal, R. "The Role of Push-Pull Technology in Privacy Calculus: The Case of Location-Based Services," Volume 26, Number 3, 2010,Journal of Management Information Systems, pp. 137-176.
- Tan, C.H., Teo, H. H., and Benbasat, I. "Assessing Screening and Evaluation Decision Support Systems: A Resource Matching Perspective," Volume 21, Number 2, 2010,Information Systems Research, pp. 305-326.
- Chan, H.C. and Teo, H.H. "Evaluating the Boundary Conditions of the Technology Acceptance Model: An Exploratory Investigation,"ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, Volume 14, Number 2, 2007, Article 9.
- Hui, K.L., Teo, H.H. and Lee, T.S.Y. "The Value of Privacy Assurance: An Exploratory Field Experiment,"MIS Quarterly, Volume 31, Number 1, 2007, pp. 19-33.
- Teo, H.H., Wei, K.K., and Benbasat, I. "Predicting Intention to Adopt Interorganizational Linkages: An Institutional Perspective,"MIS Quarterly, 2003, Volume 27, Number 1, pp. 1-31.
- Teo, H. H., Tan, B.C.Y., and Wei, K.K. "Organizational Transformation using Electronic Data Interchange: The Case of TradeNet in Singapore,"Journal of Management Information Systems, 1997, Volume 13, Number 4, pp. 139-165
AWARDS & HONOURS