If you have an innovative idea for a startup venture, do apply for the I&E Practicum@SoC grant! If awarded, you get a cool $10,000 to work on it further to determine if it can be turned into a real business.
The grant is for one year and is intended for a small team. While the applicant needs to be from SoC, other members of the team could be from other schools. In fact, a team comprising students from different disciplines is encouraged. A diverse team with complementary skills is a strong team.
The terms and conditions are simple. The main applicant have to be a student of SoC and the project must be completed before your graduation.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Is there a competitive or differentiating edge to your innovation?
- Is there a sizable market and a clearly defined initial target market?
- Does the team have the competencies to deliver?
- Have you done sufficient research on the market need and competition?
- Having a demonstrable prototype is an advantage
Closing Date: 23 March 2018
How to Apply:
Step 1: Read the FAQ
Step 2: Download and complete the application form
Step 3: Prepare a slide deck of not more than 10 slides to explain your idea following the points to be covered in the application form
Step 4: Submit the completed form in PDF format and the slide deck to email@example.com