The NUS School of Computing (SoC) is pleased to announce that application is open for the SGTech-SoC Innovation prize.
The SoC Innovation Prize is given each year for student projects which demonstrate a significant degree of innovation and high potential socio-economic impact.
2 prizes are available for award:
- Individual Prize: S$2,000 cash award
- Team Prize: S$2,000 cash award
Projects undertaken in SoC for the Final Year (FYP), Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme (UROP) and individual capstone projects in Business Analytics may be submitted for the Individual category.
The School of Computing Term Project Showcase (STePS) and Team Capstone Projects for Business Analytics may be submitted for the Team category.
We invite you to submit your projects for the SoC Innovation Prize.
SGTech will participate in the award panel and review promising projects for funding & mentorship under their start-up support programme - 123JumpStart. This support will help you embark on a Proof of Concept (POC) process to determine the feasibility of your idea. Please check out details at SGTech.
The terms and conditions for the SoC Innovation Prize are as follows:
- The project must be completed before your graduation.
- You must submit a white paper after your Continual Assessment (CA), which must be endorsed by your project Supervisor and submitted via email.
- The white paper should clearly state the expected outcome(s) of the project, highlighting the technical problem(s) addressed by the project, the practical approach being taken to solve the problem, and the potential impact of the project in the real world.
- If you are shortlisted, you will need to make a presentation to a panel of judges.
You need to provide the following information in your white paper :
- Title of project
- Name of supervisor
- Abstract of the project (200 words), including motivation and objectives of the project
- Innovativeness and potential socio-economic impact of the project
- Technical description of the problem
- Expected deliverables at the end of the project.
- Your CV
Closing Date for submission: Extended to 24 April 2020 (6pm)
Please email your submission (with your supervisor's name) in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any personal data provided in the white paper and attachment may be collected, used, processed and disclosed by NUS for Innovation & Entrepreneurship activities related in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and all subsidiary legislation related thereto. NUS may also disclose the personal data to third parties (which may be in or outside of Singapore) where necessary for the activities related.