If you have an innovative idea for a startup venture, do apply for the Venture Initiation Program@SoC grant! If awarded, you get a cool $10,000 to work on it further to determine if it can be turned into a real business.
The grant is for one year and is intended for a small team. While the main applicant needs to be from SoC, other members of the team could be from other schools. In fact, a team comprising students from different disciplines is encouraged. A diverse team with complementary skills is a strong team.
- The project must be carried out by the student applicant or team and not be part of a project initiated by a Company.
- The main applicant must remain a student during the one-year duration of the grant.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Is there a competitive or differentiating edge to your innovation?
- Is there a sizable market and a clearly defined initial target market?
- Does the team have the competencies to deliver?
- Have you done sufficient research on the market need and competition?
- Having a demonstrable prototype is an advantage
Closing Date: 15 September 2021
Before you submit your application, please read application process, eligibility criteria and pitch deck guidelines at this site: https://enterprise.nus.edu.sg/funding/nus-venture-initiation-programme/
Click here for Online Application form