About the Programme
The computing foundation graduate certificate is an essential certification programme that is pivotal in meeting the needs of the working professionals who wish to embark on conversion to the computing field.
This certification programme provides a systematic pathway for applicants with insufficient computing background to acquire the core competencies in computing. By completing the Graduate Certificate in Computing Foundations, candidates can also better prepare themselves before formally joining the regular computing master's degree programme. These candidates can acquire the necessary fundamental computing skills by reading a set of foundation modules that would serve as bridging modules. The modules offered in this graduate certificate programme are instrumental in either conversion to a computing career or career advancement even without embarking on the MComp programme.
In this programme, courses will be conducted by our faculty members who are scholars, researchers, and thought leaders in their field of expertise.
Certificate for Enrolment
Candidates who enrol in this certification programme will need to complete the following modules:
Graduate Certificate in Computing Foundations (CF)
|IT5001||Software Development Fundamentals|
Choose any two of the following modules:
|IT5002||Computer Systems and Applications|
|IT5003||Data Structures and Algorithms|
|IT5004||Enterprise Systems Architecture Fundamentals|
For detailed descriptions of the modules, please refer to Annex (SoC GC-CF).
The programme is open to those with a bachelor’s degree. Candidates with other qualifications and related work experience may also apply for the programme. Each application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. The above are minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission.
Candidates who enrol for the certification programme must complete the programme within 36 months from the point of admission.
All candidates will be admitted to the graduate certificate programme on a part-time basis.
Award of Graduate Certificate
To be awarded the graduate certificate, the candidate must complete three modules (12 modular credits) listed in the respective graduate certificate module listing, and obtain at least a CAP of 2.5.
Students who have completed the certification programme may wish to apply for admission to the MComp programme.
There are two application cycles in each Academic Year:
|Intake||Application Period||Outcome||Semester Period|
|January 2019 (Semester 2)||15 Oct to 7 Nov 2018||End Nov 2018||14 Jan to 11 May 2019|
|August 2019 (Semester 1)||Tentatively Apr/May 2019||TBC||TBC|
* Please refer to the University’s Academic Calendar for details on the semester and examination period.
To apply, please submit your application via the online portal. Candidates are required to upload the following supporting documents when submitting their online application:
- A copy of bachelor’s degree certificate
- A copy of official transcript for bachelor’s degree
- A copy of identification document/ citizenship certificate/ passport/ documentary proof of permanent residence status
- Any other supporting documents such as CV or professional certificates
- All supporting documents must be in English or with English translation
- Candidates are required to produce originals of the submitted documents for the School’s verification
during enrolment upon successful admission.
For enquiries, please contact email@example.com.
The fee for each module is $4,600 (exclusive of prevailing GST). All enrolled candidates will also be required to pay the Student Services Fee of $261.85 (inclusive of prevailing GST) per semester.
Eligible Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents enrolled may be given tuition fee subsidy by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
Per Module Basis
|Singapore PRs||Enhanced Training Support for SMEs3|
39 years old or younger
40 years old or older1
|Eligible for WTS2|
|Less: SSG Grant Amount||$0.00||$3,220.00||$3,220.00||$3,220.00||$3,220.00||$3,220.00|
|7% GST on Nett Fee||$322.00||$96.60||$96.60||$96.60||$96.60||$96.60|
|Total Nett Fee Payable, Including GST||$4,922.00||$1,476.60||$1,476.60||$1,476.60||$1,476.60||$1,476.60|
|Less Additional Funding if Eligible Under Various Schemes||$0.00||$0.00||$920.00||$1,150.00||$0.00||$920.00|
|Total Nett Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes||$4,922.00||$1,476.60||$556.60||$326.60||$1,476.60||$556.60|
For details of the various schemes, please refer to:
- Eligible applicants may use SkillsFuture Credit to pay for the programme and eligible organizations (excluding government entities) may apply for the absentee payroll funding via SkillsConnect. For more information, visit absentee payroll funding. Please note that SkillsFuture Credit may not be used to pay for Student Services Fee.
- Only modules taken on graded-basis are eligible for SSG funding.
- SSG will only fund a module once per eligible student. In the event that a student wishes to retake a module, the student will not be eligible for SSG funding for that module.
All fees quoted are exclusive of prevailing GST, unless otherwise stated.
The University reserves the right to review and adjust the course fees and make changes to the programme structure and requirements as necessary and accordingly without prior notice.